Itenerary v on board entertainment

World Cruising
A place for world and extended length cruisers to share advice and experiences.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:46 AM.
34 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Hubby and I are planning on taking a WC probably in 2020. We would love to sail from Southampton as its a short train trip for us and far easier than trying to manage the luggage than if sailing from the USA. This does however, limit us to Cunard or P and O. Weighing things up, P and O would be our preference, a little less formal and the entertainment on board appears to suit us better.
On board entertainment (rather than guest speakers and 'lectures') is important to us. We usually sail with Celebrity, and love the quizzes and evening shows.
P and O's WC in 2020 seems to be all days at sea and they have dropped the Japan section but added in NZ however days in port are less then 2019. I'm assuming this is due to costs.......
Must do's for us are SF, Sydney, HK, Singapore and the 2 canals.
Do any of the smaller lines have the bigger evening shows?
How have people living in the UK doing a WC that leaves from overseas managed their luggage (we are not planning on taking 10 cases each, but obviously will be over weight on any airline).
Thanks.
USA
241 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
My husband and I did the world cruise in 2016 on the QM2 We live in Maryland -- about 4 hours from NYC where the ship left from We did take too much luggage but when we left to come home we used the white star program and it was great
British Columbia
672 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by AmandaLMcL
Hubby and I are planning on taking a WC probably in 2020.
Must do's for us are SF, Sydney, HK, Singapore and the 2 canals.
Do any of the smaller lines have the bigger evening shows?
How have people living in the UK doing a WC that leaves from overseas managed their luggage (we are not planning on taking 10 cases each, but obviously will be over weight on any airline).
Thanks.
We spent 5 months in UK last year, culminating with a Baltic cruise. On arrival LHR, we handed our 4 cases to AirPortr, who met us at the exit from customs. We headed to our hotel by the tube and cases were delivered on time 5 hrs later.

Departing London, AirPortr picked our cases up from the hotel and delivered them to BA at LHR, we picked them up in Vancouver. Brilliant service and reasonably priced.

For our next World Cruise in 2020, we have booked Viking Ocean departing LA and ending in London. They have some incredible benefits for bookings in May, including RT free business class air. In business with BA you get 3 cases each.

For us the problem with UK departures in January is pounding across Bay of Biscay and Atlantic for the first few days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andy & Judi

World Cruise & RV'ing Blog: www.andyandjudi.com

Upcoming Cruises
2020 - Viking Sun World Cruise - LA to Greenwich

Previous Cruises
1976 Uganda - Meddy
1977 Oriana - Vancouver to Sydney
1978 Oriana - UK
1978 Canberra - UK
1979 Uganda - Meddy