Woman overboard

Elorac123

So here is the new thread

So will this be the third person whose jumped overboard in the last few years from the same ship? Or have I missed counted?

Sent from my iPad using

News reports are all saying she went onto the deck because she was feeling ill and was hit by a freak wav, then washed off. I haven’t seen anything to say this poor woman jumped.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...b2f2d98327ebd1

I agree, a new thread should have been started.I

Currently in Sydney. TV is reporting that the ship is in rough water, passenger went on deck because she was feeling I'll and got washed over board due to freak wave. Ship alarm occurred immediately and several life rings thrown overboard. Ship is searching, but water too rough to launch tenders and no other ships in area. Last report was not found 15 hours after going overboard.

Currently in Sydney. TV is reporting that the ship is in rough water, passenger went on deck because she was feeling I'll and got washed over board due to freak wave. Ship alarm occurred immediately and several life rings thrown overboard. Ship is searching, but water too rough to launch tenders and no other ships in area. Last report was not found 15 hours after going overboard.

Strikes me as extremely unlikely. Depending on where the passenger "went on deck", the wave would have had to be 15m (~50 ft) or taller.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/04/12/19/15/woman-overboard-from-pacific-dawn-liner

This is our news here. I can't imagine what this poor family is going through. Something that is supposed to be a happy enjoyable time for them has turned out so awful. The article above says she fell 40m. Surely a wave couldn't reach that high.

From the video I saw on this site as to sea conditions as well as the height of the railing which, I assume, was from where she fell, such sea conditions would not have been responsible for anyone to be "washed overboard".

God rest her soul. May her family find peace, somehow.

So here is the new thread

So will this be the third person whose jumped overboard in the last few years from the same ship? Or have I missed counted?

Sent from my iPad using

News reports are all saying she went onto the deck because she was feeling ill and was hit by a freak wav, then washed off. I haven’t seen anything to say this poor woman jumped.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...b2f2d98327ebd1

I agree, a new thread should have been started.I

Ship’s video shows her taking a flying leap overboard. What are you going to do with mentally unstable PAXs on a cruise ship.

I was on the Pacific Dawn when this happened :(

I posted this in another thread on this in the "Australia & New Zealand Cruisers" forum:

Hello from the Pacific Dawn

I have only just got satellite internet access…, to be able to post this message…

On Thursday 12th April 2018 at Approx 5pm Noumea time (a hour ahead of Brisbane).

I heard a couple of passengers from deck 14 ( I was on deck 12 next to the Edge desk at the time) calling out “Man overboard” “Man overboard” and a couple of other passengers also called out the same thing….

I and quite a few other passengers walked/ran up to deck 14 to see if they could see anything….

I saw two life boys in the water and a few minutes later the officer of the watch came on and said “Man Overboard” “Man Overboard”.

After that the Pacific Dawn turned around and started heading back to where the “Man Overboard” happened to search for the passenger who has gone missing….

Pacific Dawn spent from 5pm 12th April 2018 till 8am 13th April 2018, searching for the passenger who fell overboard.

Pacific Dawn will be docking late in to Brisbane; we now won’t be docking till 6am Sunday 15th April 2018.

For the respect of the family and friends of the missing passenger, I won’t be posting anymore then this….. And I won’t post any more on this event, unless there is a press release on this event.