Dailies for AmaDante Moselle and Rhine?

SeaWatch

Just booked this ship and itinerary for the 26 July 18 sailing. Have cruised the Mosellle and Rhine with Ama previously on different itineraries, this one combines the best of the others into a single sailing. For me, the Moselle is the nicest river for cruising in Europe,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello SeaWatch,

Is it the Luxembourg to Switzerland itinerary? I hope someone can provide you with the dailies soon. There are few sailings and it is a more unusual route. I see that they also use the port Lahnstein instead of Koblenz, with a visit to Lahneck castle. A nice difference to other sailings.

If you need info soon I suspect you will need to get in touch with Amawaterways. Perhaps they can give you some more details about port times and what to expect as regards morning and afternoon excursions (I mean timing).

I find it a very nice combination of ports.

Enjoy your cruise.

notamermaid

Just booked this ship and itinerary for the 26 July 18 sailing. Have cruised the Mosellle and Rhine with Ama previously on different itineraries, this one combines the best of the others into a single sailing. For me, the Moselle is the nicest river for cruising in Europe,

Good morning, have a question for you please. Why do you feel the Moselle is the nicest river? I would love to know your reasoning. I am trying to decide on my 2nd river cruise. I went to Amsterdam in 2016 on AMA (Tulip Time) and I loved it:D…….researching again for 2019 and was looking at the Seine since I have never been to Paris. But would very interested to hear about the Moselle.

I know many of those ports from land trips in various months of the year. No river cruising I am afraid, apart from the castle stretch which I know well. Never been to Strasbourg, just Colmar (which I recommend visiting).

I would say that the area is lovely and/or interesting throughout the year but May I find indeed a very nice month to travel in through the Rhine valley. Not brilliant in a heatwave like we have just had but certainly bearable in an air-conditioned cabin or on the sun deck sipping a cocktail. :)

notamermaid

• 4 weeks later...

I will be traveling with friends for this same itinerary -- Luxembourg to Basel -- starting November 8. Not surprising the majority of reviews I've seen so far are related to travel in the Spring or Summer. I would appreciate hearing from those who traveled in the Fall with thoughts and tips. I got some great tips on the boards when we sailed the Queen Mary 2 several years ago.

Thanks in advance