Booked Discovery 2, deck 6 balcony

It’s been a while since I posted anything on here, but I have a question; are there any rooms to avoid on deck 6? I’m thinking especially of obstructed view, noise etc. My TA didn’t give me the option of selecting a specific room, just said we were deck 6. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s been a while since I posted anything on here, but I have a question; are there any rooms to avoid on deck 6? I’m thinking especially of obstructed view, noise etc. My TA didn’t give me the option of selecting a specific room, just said we were deck 6. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks. Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello shot2bits

Spent 25 days in 6542 in April on Transatlantic Crossing and would NOT recommend it.

No drawer space to talk about unless you count 3 small drawers, (less than an A4 sheet of paper and shallow) in the miniscule dressing table (virtually only room for the tea tray and nowhere to move it to). The top drawer was hopeless as it housed the fixed hairdryer. Bedside tables were exactly that. A table with a shelf underneath.

Hanging space was a bit cramped and there were 3 small wire racks tucked in one corner above the hanging rail which was low down. DH's shirts and DJ were scraping the floor.

Suitcases went under the beds.

Difficuty storing hand luggage/shoes/bits & bobs.

Safe was on a shelf on lower hanging rail.

We were in 6588 on the 25 day transatlantic crossing and there was a lot of vibration when travelling fast and into the wind

The balcony doors were very difficult to open when the wind was blowing towards them In fact we didn't use our balcony much at all and so will not book one after our already booked cabin end of June

We moved the small table in the room to the side of the dressing table and put the tea/coffee tray on that so we had more room We had plenty room for all the clothes needed for 25 days and I had 23kg of luggage

The ship is fantastic and great food Loads of entertainment venues and the atrium is beautiful

I would recommend you book a cabin using the tel no online or visit your TA again and get them to do it as you booked with them it's £48

I don't think there are any obstructed view cabins.

The lifeboats are set high inboard on deck 4 which is an entertainment/restaurant deck. Deck 5 above also has no accommodation.

Yes, the only reason I asked was because when we were on Celebrity Eclipse they had a gantry that ran the length of the deck , used for painting and cleaning. This was parked just above our balcony obstructing most of the sky! Given that apparently there isn’t a problem on deck 6, I don’t feel inclined to spend anymore just to book a room!

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...