Just back from Silver Wind

Merly

Although an experienced cruiser this was our first time on Silversea. I had read a few “iffy” comments about the Wind prior to our cruise. My experience was superb. I found the ship to be in good shape, didn’t notice any real issues, shabby, worn etc. Our suite was a little dated but fine and spotlessly clean. Although not sure what to expect from a butler the service he provided was good and not intrusive.

The food was first class, everywhere. We were fortunate to be invited, on formal night, to dine with the hotel director and had a lovely experience. (We were aware of the earlier failed inspection but saw no evidence of any problems. ) I am a fussy eater but had no real issues and they were happy to make adjustments as requested. I was amazed to see slow roast goose as the roast offering in La Terrazza for lunch one day.

The staff were first class, friendly and attentive at all times. They couldn’t do enough for us.

My one and only complaint was the timing of the tenders in Sorrento, (hourly, when we are used to a more or less constant service). However when talking to the hotel director he told us that the captain had heard there were issues with the service and he wanted to know the problem. Nice to know he was informed and concerned.

We will definitely sail with Silversea again for a really special experience.

Hourly tenders in Sorrento seems to be very infrequent and a poor decision. They should be going back and forth constantly.
Agree completely. I certainly hope they operate more frequently when we’re there in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hourly tenders in Sorrento seems to be very infrequent and a poor decision. They should be going back and forth constantly.

I understand your perspective. However, constantly can mean unpredictably. Perhaps in practice every 15-20 minutes, but one never knows, and it's frustrating to have just missed a tender and to know that one has to wait in the sun/heat.

Would people be willing to trade a bit of frequency for a wholly predictable (every half hour?) schedule that can always be honored absent some disaster?

Agree completely.

Ditto.

I’m sure when we were in Sorrento on the Wind (with an overnight stay) our tenders were every half hour.

I’d be most upset to “just miss the one”.

Hi Merly, thanks for posting your comments on the Wind. Like you, we are experienced cruisers, sailing mainly on Seabourn, but also Regent and Windstar. We booked our first SS cruise on the Wind and look forward to the experience, particularly the smaller size. Happy to hear you enjoyed your recent Wind cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums