White nights on Singapore to Perth itinerary December 2018 on Quest

davwen81

We are on this Azamara cruise and very much looking forward to it after a fabulous cruise to the Med islands last month on Quest.

As we have an overnight in Benoa, Bali which is our Azamazing evening we would like to know if our overnight in Broome or Perth would be White nights night or if it would be some other night?

Any help from past guests on this itinerary or the moderator would be much appreciated.

Wendy and David

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very difficult to tell. They are usually held on a night when the ship leaves port at 10pm or later, but the only 2 nights like that are the two overnights in Bali & Perth. As you say Bali is the Azamazing evening, so it could be the night in Perth. Alternatively, it could be on while the ship is at sea - that does happen occasionally. In that case it could be any night, but would depend on the weather and wind forecast. You probably won’t know for certain until you get on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I asked because we do t get to Broome till 5pm then leave at 5 the next day! We want to get off the ship to stay as a birthday treat, so might ha e to skip WN if it’s that night. The night in Perth is pre disembarkation so probably wouldn’t be that night.

Yes I asked because we do t get to Broome till 5pm then leave at 5 the next day! We want to get off the ship to stay as a birthday treat, so might ha e to skip WN if it’s that night. The night in Perth is pre disembarkation so probably wouldn’t be that night.

Hi, I am also on that cruise. I am booking a car for Perth and just got the following response from the car booking place in Broome. It’s really weird so I expect it could be wrong, but then again they are locals and Broome’s not that big so I’m wondering....

“Are you on the Azamra Quest? I was thinking about your request and we usually know how the cruise ships work. They would usually not allow you to disembark on your arrival in the evening. The ship organises a shuttle bus from the wharf into town the next morning.”

I’m seeking help in finding out if there’s any veracity to that idea. I am in Australia so it’s not so easy from here.

Oh, missed that when I looked at the itinerary. My best guess would be that night, then, but it is still a guess. You won’t know for definite until you get onboard.

Hi, I am also on that cruise. I am booking a car for Perth and just got the following response from the car booking place in Broome. It’s really weird so I expect it could be wrong, but then again they are locals and Broome’s not that big so I’m wondering....

“Are you on the Azamra Quest? I was thinking about your request and we usually know how the cruise ships work. They would usually not allow you to disembark on your arrival in the evening. The ship organises a shuttle bus from the wharf into town the next morning.”

I’m seeking help in finding out if there’s any veracity to that idea. I am in Australia so it’s not so easy from here.

There has been a debate in another thread about getting off the ship on embarkation day after you have embarked, and it has been said that the Australian authorities don’t allow people to do that. Maybe this is similar - maybe Australian immigration have some rules about it.

We have had late arrivals before but you could be right as it’s our first port in Australia maybe our immigration workers dont want to process people after 5pm?? But other countries allow people to be processed by picking up immigration officials before docking, so it’s really all up in the air! Might have to cancel my birthday plans[emoji22]

Be very careful making plans in Australia- the immigration rules are very strict and the most inflexible re when you can disembark of any country I have visited. I would get everything in writing from Miami. You may find they won’t commit in which case don’t book.

I would start by emailing the LCV address if you have cruised with them or celebrity. They are the best for channeling requests to the right people

If you do manage to get off, head straight to Cable beach for the most spectacular sunset you will ever see. And a camel ride.....

Google it, you’ll see what I mean. It would be a wonderful Azamamazing evening!

We had hoped to stay at Cable Beach overnight but think that’s now not going to happen. Sounds like disembarkation will be in the am, unfortunately [emoji25]

Hi Wendy

Hope you and your Mum enjoyed the Ghan! We had a White Nights postponed on the Journey in March due to rain. We did have it, but it was not the night it was originally scheduled for.

Heather

There has been a debate in another thread about getting off the ship on embarkation day after you have embarked, and it has been said that the Australian authorities don’t allow people to do that. Maybe this is similar - maybe Australian immigration have some rules about it.

Hmm, I guess as Broome is the first Aussie port that is possible, with Broome being a small town and not likely to have a lot of Border Security staff, but I remain to be convinced. I might have to ask dear Bonnie.

We have had late arrivals before but you could be right as it’s our first port in Australia maybe our immigration workers dont want to process people after 5pm?? But other countries allow people to be processed by picking up immigration officials before docking, so it’s really all up in the air! Might have to cancel my birthday plans[emoji22]

Davwen, it appears that you and I are on the same cruise and have the same question. Are you Aussie or from elsewhere? Maybe we can share the burden of definitely finding out.

Yes Lahore we are Aussies from Adelaide, and you? Yes we need to find out definitely. I’ve cancelled my booking at Cable Beach and they don’t have day passes and as we’ve spent 10 days in Broome a few years ago we really just wanted to chill. We can ring Azamara in Sydney but don’t know how up they are with immigration and debarkation issues. We can only try! Cheers Wendy and David

Yes Lahore we are Aussies from Adelaide, and you? Yes we need to find out definitely. I’ve cancelled my booking at Cable Beach and they don’t have day passes and as we’ve spent 10 days in Broome a few years ago we really just wanted to chill. We can ring Azamara in Sydney but don’t know how up they are with immigration and debarkation issues. We can only try! Cheers Wendy and David

Wendy, Office of Home Affairs has a district office in Broome, which handles clearance of commercial vessels. I notice their office hours are until 4.30 pm. I'd email them and ask them about clearance of your vessel. If they don't know, I'd write to the ship.

Hi, I wanted to do the Sunset tour in Broome but when I went to book it the tours finish in August. I am trying to get the best out of Broome but can’t see what to do. Is it worth just wandering about the town, the write up look good. Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately if we aren’t allowed to get off the ship till the morning, we will have to enjoy sunset from the ship. Broome is easy to walk around and you can head to Cable beach for camel rides. They have an interesting small museum and some nice shops including pearl sellers. Willie Creek pearl farm is really interesting and is a great day tour. The old picture theatre is lovely to see too. Yes it’s a very interesting stop.

After not being able to get through at all on Azamara’s number in Sydney, Australia, sooo frustrating, I have emailed Le club voyage in the USA about our Broome dilemma. I have also contacted a number which deals with shipping and port information in Broome, explained the situation re passport control and when it’s done and a lovely lady there is following it up for me and should have some information for me soon.

So, hopefully we will have some answers today or tomorrow🤣

As time is limited in Jakarta and I hear the traffic is horrendous I am looking to book a private tour with Azamara. My suggested itinerary is 08:00 leave ship then go to Sunda Kelapa old Harbour, Syahbandar Tower and Maritime museum, Fatanhillah Square and a photo stop at the National Monument getting back to the pier at approx 13:00.

I have asked for prices for 2,4 and 6 people. If anyone is interested in joining us please let me know.

As time is limited in Jakarta and I hear the traffic is horrendous I am looking to book a private tour with Azamara. My suggested itinerary is 08:00 leave ship then go to Sunda Kelapa old Harbour, Syahbandar Tower and Maritime museum, Fatanhillah Square and a photo stop at the National Monument getting back to the pier at approx 13:00.

I have asked for prices for 2,4 and 6 people. If anyone is interested in joining us please let me know.

This would be better posted in the Roll-call for your cruise - you’ll be more likely to get a response there.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update about our port of Broome. I actually got the ports agents phone number from a very helpful person in the port office, but he was most unhelpful only saying he dealt with the ship not passengers and I would need to contact the ship! So I’ve contacted the Captains Club REP in Miami and they are contacting the ship with our query so hopefully we will get an answer soon.