V2?

jucaha

we are being offered a V2 “guaranteed” cabin on a repositioning cruise in October. That puts us on deck 3 of the Star. Has anyone had this before? Is it a GOOD thing? My husband is ok with it..I however would like to know my exact cabin. There are locations I would prefer not to be near.

Who has been on deck 3? Good or bad experience?

we are being offered a V2 “guaranteed” cabin on a repositioning cruise in October. That puts us on deck 3 of the Star. Has anyone had this before? Is it a GOOD thing? My husband is ok with it..I however would like to know my exact cabin. There are locations I would prefer not to be near.

Who has been on deck 3? Good or bad experience?

We were on Deck 3 in a DV cabin right where it changed to V2 and we had no issues, no complaints, no noise from the restaurant below us. The lowest category Viking cabin is as good as or better than a mid-level cabin on many other lines. Vs and DVs are the same size and both have balconies. There are a few amenities lacking in the Vs but once you step out the door, no knows or cares what cabin you are in. Also, there have been reports here of very nice cabin assignments for those taking a guaranteed cabin. If you were already planning on a V, there isn't much to lose in going the guarantee route other than knowing up front where you cabin will be exactly.

I think deck three is a great deck. It is so nice to have that open area midship...easy to sit if they are cleaning your room, great view if there is a performance in the Atrium, perfect spot to meet others before heading off....but please beware and DO NOT book a room over Torshaven, unless you are a night person and not a napper! We were way forward on one cruise and the anchor noise or sound from the theatre including practices can NOT compare to being over Torshaven. These rooms should really have their own V3 category!!!!

We were in 3008 (four from the bow) on Sky and had no issues with the cabin or its location other than some sound infiltration from the theatre - we really only noticed it one afternoon when I was trying to nap and they were rehearsing. We typically were out of the room in the evenings during the shows. We heard the birds from the public restroom below chirping in our bathroom but that wasn't an issue.

Our only real complaint was during some especially rolling seas, there was a semi regular VERY LOUD clanging - metal to metal. The folks in 3002 believed it was the anchor chain banging against the superstructure. Once the seas calmed down, it went away thankfully. But if you are a light sleeper, you might want to take some ear plugs just in case!

Have a great cruise!