Vancouver disembarkation timing

lesliehr

I’m going to book Aerocar to take us to YVR when we disembark the Crystal Symphony. We intend to disembark very early as our flight is at 1:15pm. How do I handle the booking at this point without knowing WHEN I can disembark?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't mean to sound glib but isn't that something you should discuss with Aerocar? They will probably give you a number to call from your cell phone when you have cleared customs and are standing outside, but I don't know. You should ask them. :)

http://aerocar.ca/

No worries. I did speak with them...then I posted the question. They need a pick-up time and all I know right now is the ship is supposed to dock in Vancouver at 8 am. Given what I know, I don’t know what time to tell Aerocar to get there. They charge extra for every minute I’m late.

Agree on talking to Aerocar.

You shouldn't have any problem with a 1:15 flight. You could comfortably get off at 8 or 8:30, unless there is some issue you aren't mentioning.

Ship docks at 8 am. I am not a seasoned cruiser so don’t know how to guesstimate when I can exit the ship. Aerocar charges extra for every minute you’re late

I am sure the ship will be docked by 8, and about to start letting people off, likely before 8.

Again, a 1:15 flight is not super early. Being off by 9am is fine.

Thank you!

Honestly I would not bother with an aerocar booking given the timeframe (you are not in a rush). Sure, if you want the extra comfort compared to a cab, you could book one - if you pay them the $50 Meet & Greet fee they give you an hour's grace period. Failing that, you can just err on the side of not paying extra by booking for really late (say 9:45am, which will still get you to YVR about 3 hours early, which is normally overkill by a significant amount...)

^ I agree; I don't think I would book with them at all given that they want an exact time, and they are going to charge you for delays beyond your control. You say the ship docks at 8:00 but you certainly won't be off at 8. There could be baggage delays, Customs delays, long lines, etc.... all things you aren't at fault for but you are being charged for. For me, after a relaxing cruise that would be WAYYYY too much stress.

We have several other options here. Someone will correct me but I believe it is a flat rate in a cab to the airport, I'm thinking about $35.00? We've never done it since this is home for us but it's not overly expensive. Plus I'm sure there are other limo services. :)

Although it wasn’t in the budget, upon advice, I’ve decided to book a car thru my cruise line. I just don’t want to deal with any more stress resulting from my “getting to the airport” anxiety.

Thank you everyone for your input and great advice!