Typhoid and Hepatitis A vaccines for Polynesia

nkcbkc

We did a cruise there late October from LA. Didn't require an shoots. If you plan on staying in the islands on land you might require it.

I would have the Hep A and Hep C form traveling anyway(no matter were your travelling).

We did a cruise there late October from LA. Didn't require an shoots. If you plan on staying in the islands on land you might require it.

I would have the Hep A and Hep C form traveling anyway(no matter were your travelling).

The CDC recommends several but as far as I can tell none are required. I tend to live on the wild side in such matters and likely won’t bother.

As far as I can tell the only thing I see as Required is Yellow Fever and that’s only for people from a few high risk areas.

CDC tends to err on the side of caution. Check what other countries recommend for their citizens — most won’t suggest typhoid.

Hep A, on the other hand, is considered standard worldwide, and is now a routine vaccination for babies in the US. As a US adult who travels regularly, I recently got the first of my two Hep A shots. My doctor thought it was a good idea for all her patients. Ask your doctor or pharmacist and see what they recommend.

You probably meant Hep A and Hep B as there isn't a vaccine for Hep C. Those vaccines are a good idea to get for traveling anywhere (including just around the US). There is a combo vaccine that covers both.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

You probably meant Hep A and Hep B as there isn't a vaccine for Hep C. Those vaccines are a good idea to get for traveling anywhere (including just around the US). There is a combo vaccine that covers both.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Meant Hep B , vaccine is good for at least 10 years. Our doctor orders test to see if the vaccine is still in force. If not he'll re-vaccinate for both.

We got a Tetanus recall (we were hiking on 3 islands) and Hep. A & B. We also had some ciprofloxacine tablets just in case. We ate local food, went shopping at Carrefour and Super U (local supermarket) and bought poisson cru (raw tuna) with no ill effect.

If going hiking, please bring mosquito repellent with DEET (if you do not have time to shop in town) as dengue has been detected in some part.

Always get medical opinion from a MD and carry proper insurance (French hospital and clinic are very good in FP)

You can read the Canadian Gov. Health notices here: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/countries-pays/country-pays-eng.php?id=441

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Many years ago, we were told to get hep A shots before traveling to Turkey. At the time, our regular doctor could not get the vaccine. We were told to go to a travel doctor. We got a hep A shot which was very costly. We were told that we needed a 2nd shot some weeks later. We never got the 2nd shot. Fast forward to 2018. We were going to the far east. This time we got hep A shots at Walgreen's. We paid very little since Walgreen's accepted our insurance.