Mormugao, Goa

tring

Anybody docked at Mormugao in recent years, does not seem to be much detail when I searched.

We have had a holiday in Goa a number of years back and have done a spice farm/Old Goa by taxi then and have been to Panjim a couple of times, but would repeat rather than staying on the ship. We loved Panjim and the hotel restaurant by the river, especially at night, but it does not look that close to the port.

We would be there for two days, so do not want to be toured the whole time - is there anything near the port? A rundown town is better than nothing, but a beach resort would do as well. We will be on a small Fred Olsen ship, so highly unlikely to get a group together on a roll call like you can with the bigger ships, so likely to be just the two of us or a ship's tour, though do not really want a ship's tour.

Anyone with ideas?

Anybody docked at Mormugao in recent years, does not seem to be much detail when I searched.

We have had a holiday in Goa a number of years back and have done a spice farm/Old Goa by taxi then and have been to Panjim a couple of times, but would repeat rather than staying on the ship. We loved Panjim and the hotel restaurant by the river, especially at night, but it does not look that close to the port.

We would be there for two days, so do not want to be toured the whole time - is there anything near the port? A rundown town is better than nothing, but a beach resort would do as well. We will be on a small Fred Olsen ship, so highly unlikely to get a group together on a roll call like you can with the bigger ships, so likely to be just the two of us or a ship's tour, though do not really want a ship's tour.

Anyone with ideas?

Have you tried Tours By Locals? When I'm researching something to do somewhere as an alternative to ships's tours I start with them. In fact when friends and I did a cruise around New Zealand a few years ago we booked all our tours from info we gathered from there first... I've booked both directly with Tours By Locals or Googled the name or itinerary of a tour listed there, found the actual operator and booked with them directly... So far, all have been spot on and worthy of their ratings..

Anne..