Post cruise tour Vancouver

sandancer

Can anyone recommend a tour company who provide 3 or 4 day bus tours from Vancouver? We are there from 17th April for a week. I have contacted a couple of companies but unfortunately they don’t start the tours until May. We are open to any ideas and suggestions for hotels. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately 'Canadian Summer' doesn't start until the May 2-4 long weekend (the Monday before the 25th of May), so even though cruise season has spread well into April land tours have yet to catch up. There's still a good chance of snow blocking roads through mountain passes, there's little in the way of foreign tourism as quality of skiing has usually declined by April, and virtually no local 'staycationing' that would involve multi-day bus trips. In short, there just isn't much of a market for what you're asking about!

A week in Vancouver you can easily fill without any overnights elsewhere - but it is long enough that splitting your trip with a couple of nights on the Island, or down in Seattle, don't serious crimp your ability to take in many of the Vancouver sites. Our first trip before moving here we spent 7 days, 1 of those in Victoria and 1 in Whistler, and we regretted the Victoria day - far too rushed, even though we flew both ways harbour-to-harbour.

Personally I'd be planning ~4 days in Vancouver proper, a day or two doing good stuff within a day trip by rental car (Sea to Sky highway at least as far as Squamish, Brittania Mining Museum, the gondola ride there if that's your thing; Steveston village, Burnaby village museum are also both more easily gotten to by car than transit, as is Lynn Canyon park, and the three of these could fill a relatively leisurely day) and then an overnight trip to the Island taking in Victoria, Butchart, and Cathedral Grove (a rental car taken on both of the main island routes, Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay and Nanaimo-Horseshoe Bay, is pretty efficient - and you can easily overlap the latter of these with the Sea to Sky highway drive).

Can anyone recommend a tour company who provide 3 or 4 day bus tours from Vancouver? We are there from 17th April for a week. I have contacted a couple of companies but unfortunately they don’t start the tours until May. We are open to any ideas and suggestions for hotels. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could do your own tour. There are a number of overnight trups from Vancouver.

V2V is a ferry service that takes you from downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria.

Number of bus services from downtown Vancouver to Whistler Villiage.

Trains run from Vancouver through the Rockies or to Seattle.