Bar lists -dark rum??

harbourside

If you like dark rum, while it probably isn't available on cruise ships, you may want to try Pussers Rum, which is the closest to the old RN crew tot. It was also provided on some merchant ships and it certainly couldn't be described as smooth.

If you like dark rum, while it probably isn't available on cruise ships, you may want to try Pussers Rum, which is the closest to the old RN crew tot. It was also provided on some merchant ships and it certainly couldn't be described as smooth.

Next time in the UK give Bell's Navy Rum a try. :cool: As far as Viking we had Myers's on the Sun. With orange juice great for breakfast........:eek:

Aside from the options at the regular bars Torshavn had an additional selection of about 5 'higher end' rums, including the Diplomatico Reserve mentioned above and Angostura's 1919 (which is from Trinidad hence the mention). We spent a good deal of time at the bar in the Explorer's Lounge and witnessed the bartenders checking for and sourcing different liquors and wines from Torshavn, etc. if a passenger wanted something that wasn't stocked in the Explorer's Lounge. They also offered recommendations and substitutions if an item wasn't available.

Thanks for replys. As long as I can get a dark rum to have with coke I will be happy.

As a fellow rum drinker I will have dark rum and OJ from time to time. Guaranteed to elicit an "Ewwww, what's that?" from someone as it makes the OJ look like mud. Tastes better though. I also occasionally have dark rum on the rocks with a healthy squeeze of lime stirred in. Not bad your way either. Think I might have one this evening.....;p