Check your mail - just got a survey from HAL on their new website.

kazu

I'm not sure who HAL is sending this email to but I just got a survey on the new website.

and, trust me, I had plenty to say. Including don't release something until it has been tested and you have feed back.

I suggested they take it back, fix it and bring the old one back for the time being and outlined some of the issues I have been having.

So, check your in box, junk mail, spam, whatever and if you get it, by all means take the time to do the survey.

I got one from them while I was on my cruise with them last month, and the survey had "expired" by the time I got to it the following week. I really wanted to share how I gave up booking a future cruise onboard because using their mobile-enabled site on a mobile device was so maddening.

I suggested they take it back, fix it and bring the old one back for the time being and outlined some of the issues I have been having.
When they don't, will you acknowledge it as indication that they received more feedback contrary to yours (i.e., feedback consistent with mine) than feedback consistent with yours?

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Wish this would come to me but it seems HAL is incapable of sending me emails... seems their IT problems are not limited to the new website. I have tried SO many times both online and by phone to get on their email distribution list but it never happens so I get nothing - no offers, no surveys, etc. I am 3-star with HAL so it isn’t that I have just started with them. And yes, I check what’s going to my junk and spam daily and HAL emails are not there either. Very frustrating.

Hi Jacqui,

We got ours last week! Seems as soon as I booked with our PCC for cruises in 2019 and 2020 I got the email survey of the website!

Denise:)

Now that is interesting Denise. I booked my cruise for 2019 with my PCC on Monday so perhaps that is why I received mine?

I thought they were doing a general survey but perhaps that is not the case?

Wish this would come to me but it seems HAL is incapable of sending me emails... seems their IT problems are not limited to the new website. I have tried SO many times both online and by phone to get on their email distribution list but it never happens so I get nothing - no offers, no surveys, etc. I am 3-star with HAL so it isn’t that I have just started with them. And yes, I check what’s going to my junk and spam daily and HAL emails are not there either. Very frustrating.

All the years that we had cruises booked with HAL we never got 1 e-mail and very, very rarely any smail mail from HAL.

Now that we don't have a cruise booked, I get quite a few e-mails -- but not this most recent one.

When they don't, will you acknowledge it as indication that they received more feedback contrary to yours (i.e., feedback consistent with mine) than feedback consistent with yours?

Opinions on this forum are running heavily against the new site. Many posters have reported that their PCC's are struggling with it. What makes you think it would be any different with the rest of the world?

I would certainly appreciate receiving the eMail in reference to the 'New' website. I have submitted many Feedbacks from the 'New' website and only once received a reply. The tech crew working on that new site must have skipped a few chapters when they were in the learning and educational phases, they should all be fired or have to walk the plank. The website is a total embarrassment to Holland America Line.

Have not received a survey yet, but I would have something to say to them about the new web site. We're booked on a HAL cruise for next year and I can never find it outright, on their web site, unless I go through the back door.

Opinions on this forum are running heavily against the new site.
Opinions on this forum ran heavily against Cruise Critic's new website design yet here we all are. Opinions on this forum have also run heavily against many things the cruise line has done over the last decade yet more people are cruising the cruise line now than before. If we can say anything about when opinions on this forum run against something the cruise line does then the worst we can say is that those opinions don't reflect what people actual mean to do. An argument can be made that changes that opinions on this forum run against have staying power.

What makes you think it would be any different with the rest of the world?
Because the rest of the world doesn't have as much of a sense of baseless proprietary sentiment with regard to the cruise line, so their opinions will be shaped by the market more so than by an unfounded expectation that things that they like won't change.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Opinions on this forum ran heavily against Cruise Critic's new website design yet here we all are. Opinions on this forum have also run heavily against many things the cruise line has done over the last decade yet more people are cruising the cruise line now than before. If we can say anything about when opinions on this forum run against something the cruise line does then the worst we can say is that those opinions don't reflect what people actual mean to do. An argument can be made that changes that opinions on this forum run against have staying power.

Because the rest of the world doesn't have as much of a sense of baseless proprietary sentiment with regard to the cruise line, so their opinions will be shaped by the market more so than by an unfounded expectation that things that they like won't change.

None of which supports your contention that " they received more feedback contrary to yours (i.e., feedback consistent with mine) than feedback consistent with yours?"

None of which supports your contention that " they received more feedback contrary to yours (i.e., feedback consistent with mine) than feedback consistent with yours?"
Reverse engineering the changes they make does that. I don't understand why some people have so much trouble intuiting what passengers are telling cruise lines based on such obvious indications. There is really no excuse for the arguments often posted here, projecting a poster's personal preference as if it were more valid than the marketing research that governs the cruise line decisions.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

absolutely correct. But discussing with someone who only sees the world his way and his way is the only way is an effort in futility.

When the PCC's moan about the website and say it is taking longer to do the work, when the people operating the "chat" system on HAL are using the old website, that speaks volumes to me.

and, for what it's worth, unless you are a good techie, it's going to be a PITA to try to do an itinerary on the Bon Voyage threads when the old website is gone. The new website has it all convoluted with other stuff.

Me? I want my itinerary listed. So I can print it off for DH, copy it to I books, whatever for my planning. I don't want it scrolling past me making me jot down notes.

I truly wonder if there was a material drop in bookings after that new website went up that finally caught Seattle's attention. Both online and through travel agents too.

I suspect there was a substantial increase in angry/frustrated/sad chats and emails to the PTB. Since many of them were from me and I had never any reason to write them emails like that in the past 10 years.

But discussing with someone who only sees the world his way and his way is the only way is an effort in futility.
Yet I still try, even though some refuse to admit that a decade's worth of business decisions by the cruise line, leading to serving more passengers consistently year over year, means that more often than not the second guessing was faulty.

A lot of the growth these lines have seen is due to nothing more than the economy. We'll figure out who the real leaders are when the next recession rolls around and they have all these rooms to fill.