Uniworld Guaranteed Cabin

mgatc

Does anyone have experience with booking a guaranteed cabin with Uniworld? If so, when did you find out your cabin assignment? Were you kept in the same category booked or did you receive an upgrade? Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked through a TA and got a guarantee cabin, was just wondering when they would assign it. First time river for us, so really excited. Doing the Christmas Markets. Thank you for your replies.

We have our 3rd river cruise coming up next month with Uniworld & have a guaranteed cat 3 cabin. We have yet to find out which cabin it will be or if there will be an upgrade (doubt that, we aren't that lucky). It's our first time not having our cabin assignment upon booking so we are interested to see what happens especially since our sail date is coming up soon.

I book directly with Uniworld and we get our cabin # assignment with the electronic copy of our final payment.

Up until last year, upgrades were a perk of Heritage club members, only if there were available cabins and suites were not part of the deal.

RB

We have our 3rd river cruise coming up next month with Uniworld & have a guaranteed cat 3 cabin. We have yet to find out which cabin it will be or if there will be an upgrade (doubt that, we aren't that lucky). It's our first time not having our cabin assignment upon booking so we are interested to see what happens especially since our sail date is coming up soon.

Same here. Whatever it is, I am sure will be fine. Can’t wait.

Does anyone have experience with booking a guaranteed cabin with Uniworld? If so, when did you find out your cabin assignment? Were you kept in the same category booked or did you receive an upgrade? Thanks for any insight.

Yes, this past January we booked a guarantee cabin category 3 for a Danube cruise in April. Upon payment, the invoice indicated a category 3 cabin assignment. However, two weeks before departure we were notified that we were upgraded to a category 2 cabin,midship.

Yes, this past January we booked a guarantee cabin category 3 for a Danube cruise in April. Upon payment, the invoice indicated a category 3 cabin assignment. However, two weeks before departure we were notified that we were upgraded to a category 2 cabin,midship.

With a gauranteed cabin but no cabin assignment I have such an irrational fear that we'll get to the ship & they'll have overbooked our sail date & we won't have a cabin. I know that won't happen but we are 4 weeks away & vacation anxiety is starting to kick in!

Need 2,

you know, now that you've voiced your concern, your travel documents will be in your mailbox this week! Unless you were dealing with a TA, and then your documents are in their 'in' basket.

Have a great trip and we will be waiting for your report when you get back.

RB

With a gauranteed cabin but no cabin assignment I have such an irrational fear that we'll get to the ship & they'll have overbooked our sail date & we won't have a cabin. I know that won't happen but we are 4 weeks away & vacation anxiety is starting to kick in!

We did have a cabin assignment from the beginning so I was never concerned. In fact, I was surprised when we received the upgrade.

Need 2,

you know, now that you've voiced your concern, your travel documents will be in your mailbox this week! Unless you were dealing with a TA, and then your documents are in their 'in' basket.

Have a great trip and we will be waiting for your report when you get back.

RB

Thanks for the good thought. I'll be doing a trip report here when we get back!

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know.