Explorer question

mamapirk

When sailing on the Explorer this past spring, one of my main complaints was the lack of outdoor seating area other than the pool. I’m now wondering if we could take advantage of La Veranda’s back deck when it’s not open for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Just grab a coffee or drink from somewhere else on the ship and walk it back to the La Veranda back deck to enjoy the views? Is that allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm trying to picture the area outside of La Veranda. My first thought is that La Veranda is closed (and locked) between meals and I'm not sure if there is any other access to the outside area. Maybe someone else will respond.

Also, when thinking about it, there isn't an aft lounge with seating outside (although the seating outside the aft lounge on other Regent ships includes a smoking area). The only outside areas (besides for the large balconies on Explorer) is the pool deck and the deck above that. Perhaps this is why Regent decided to put half of the Coffee Connection outside on Splendor. It gives passengers another area to sit outside.

I'm trying to picture the area outside of La Veranda. My first thought is that La Veranda is closed (and locked) between meals and I'm not sure if there is any other access to the outside area. Maybe someone else will respond.

It might be roped off when La Veranda is not open, but there is a stairway from the putting green above down to their outside dining area. We used that stairway on several days - but only during luncheon hours.