Live From Viking Orion: A Look at the New Cruise Ship's Planetarium

Host Jazzbeau

New article on Cruise Critic:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8710

It sounds very appealing to me, and I hope that if it works as well as described that they will add it to the existing ships. It's also great to hear about a cruise line that only adds and enhances their ships and experiences, rather than cutting back!

New article on Cruise Critic:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8710

It sounds very appealing to me, and I hope that if it works as well as described that they will add it to the existing ships. It's also great to hear about a cruise line that only adds and enhances their ships and experiences, rather than cutting back!

This is a fantastic facility that I look forward to using as Resident Astronomer to entertain and educate the guests.

I would say this "art installation" according to Mr. Hagen is defintely a WOW factor.:cool:

From the picture it looks like there is still room for other seating on the upper floor of the Explorer lounge.

I did hear from other passengers that the tech capacity of the screen and photographs in the artium are first rate.

Now this state of the art installation too....

Edited by Azulann

I'd be disappointed at the loss of space in this area …..

the gimmick of a planetarium on QM2 died out quickly …. on our last QM cruise it was 'lost space' with few attending the shows and hard to repurpose the area

unless improved fm QM I think VO missed the target on this one …..

the gimmick of a planetarium on QM2 died out quickly …. on our last QM cruise it was 'lost space' with few attending the shows and hard to repurpose the area

I am with you BJ. QM2 is mostly unused (when its not broken). We love the Explorers lounge and also think this is a poor choice. Best planetarium I ever saw was to walk out on the bridge wing and look up.....:cool:

We also loved the Explorers Lounge upper area...just looking out over the sea and having such a nice quiet area to relax and enjoy the sea and take pictures...plus just read a book. I'd love to see pictures of exactly how much of the Lounge was taken over by the Planetarium. It does sound like a great idea and a good addition...but as my husband asked...if it's only used at night for 29 people is it taking away from the Explorers Lounge and views that we enjoyed? I'd love it if Viking answered here with pictures and told us exactly where they took over the lounge. It sure does sound like an interesting program!

Looks like its a small footprint and doesn't take up the entire deck area.

• 2 weeks later...