A few questions please...New to MSC

CTOM

Hi, We're looking to take an 11-day Mediterranean cruise on the Poesia. It's our first MSC cruise and we had some questions.

1. We are considering a suite, which comes with the Aurea package, including drinks. The site says "Depending on cruise destination, the drinks package may be either All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package or All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package." I'm not sure of the difference in those packages.

2. Does the Poesia have tables for 2 in the dining room, and do they have early and late seating resevations, like other cruise lines?

3. Is the room service fee per item or per order? Is room service included (no service charge) with the Aruea package?

4. We only know English, so will that be a problem communicating with the staff aboard the ship in the Mediterranean?

thanks for any help !

Hi, We're looking to take an 11-day Mediterranean cruise on the Poesia. It's our first MSC cruise and we had some questions.

1. We are considering a suite, which comes with the Aurea package, including drinks. The site says "Depending on cruise destination, the drinks package may be either All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package or All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package." I'm not sure of the difference in those packages.

Some restaurants onboard cost an additional amount. So, the all inclusive drink and restaurant package includes unlimited drinks and food at those additional eateries, whereas the all inclusive drink package includes unlimited drinks, but the food at the eateries that are not free is not included.

2. Does the Poesia have tables for 2 in the dining room, and do they have early and late seating resevations, like other cruise lines?

There should be tables for two, but you may need to request them from the Maitre'd either in advance or upon boarding.

3. Is the room service fee per item or per order? Is room service included (no service charge) with the Aruea package?

I have never ordered room service on MSC, so I unfortunately cannot answer this.

4. We only know English, so will that be a problem communicating with the staff aboard the ship in the Mediterranean?

No. The staff on MSC ships know a variety of languages, and it should not be a problem, as English is an official language onboard, meaning literature and announcements will be made in English, in addition to other languages. Furthermore, depending on where your ship departs from, there may be a surge of American, Canadian or British passengers, meaning there will be more of a reason to use English with a higher English-speaking population.

thanks for any help !

I've answered your questions above in red. I hope you decide to cruise MSC, one cruise made me fall in love instantly! I already had my Fascination cruise booked, but I plan on cruise solely MSC until I find a reason not to after that. I really feel like MSC gave me everything Royal and Carnival did, but tied the loose ends each of them had, and gave me the ideal cruise experience. Making that decision was one of my better travel decisions! :)