All reservation only restaurants closed on one night?

Anyone else had this experience? When I went to book my dining preferences, I saw that on one night all the “special” restaurants were not available for one night in France. The Explorer is in port until 10 pm that evening. My contact at Regent says it may be due to the ship wide bbq that night. Just wondering if this is done frequently, as I have not experienced it on our 9 Regent Cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It could be for the BBQ night (which happens on most cruises) or there could be a large private party that reserved the entire restaurant (does not happen too often).

In order for Regent to have enough staff for the BBQ, they need to lose their reservation dining venues. Since we do not like to dine outside unless the temperature is perfect (68 degrees for us), we dine in CR. Sometimes my DH has gone to the buffet to get a plate of sushi/sashimi for me.

If it is the BBQ nite (BBQ is probably a misnomer, especially to a Texan), TC2 is correct - the specialty restaurants will typically be closed although Compass Rose is open. We have experienced this multiple times and the deck gala is typically held when in port. If you have not experienced one you will probably be impressed, especially if you like seafood and grilled/ roasted meats.

Best,

John