Cruising with a 7 month old

pmymmw

Hi,

We are thinking of booking a cruise on the Meraviglia in January when our daughter will be 7 months old.

We are trying to decide between a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite and Duplex Suite as they are the same price. Looking at the cabin layouts I am trying to work out where the cot will be able to go. As anybody been in either of these cabins with a cot and can you offer any advice?

Being the same price do the Yacht Club benefits warrant going for a much smaller cabin or are we better with the bigger cabin?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked an Aurea Duplex Suite exactly because of the added space. We are traveling with two small children, and based on our previous experiences, the added space is a much bigger perk than anything that the Yacht Club will provide. With a 7 month old, you will be spending a lot of time in your stateroom, and there will be (many) times when your baby will want to sleep. Having the duplex suite will allow you to still enjoy parts of your stateroom while your baby quietly rests somewhere else.

Our first cruise with our (then) 12 month old son was in a standard Oceanview stateroom with no balcony and we had nowhere to relax when he wanted to take a nap except for sitting there right next to him. We learned that lesson very quickly.

If you were traveling without small children, I would learn towards the Yacht Club. You would then have a chance to enjoy the perks that come with it. But if there’s something that I’ve learned since we started cruising with small children is to get as much space as I possible can. Another option that we’ve tried is two staterooms with a connecting door. This has proven to be one of the best setups, specially as our kids grow, and it’s something that you may want to consider as your baby grows or when you welcome more babies into your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi