Vegan Options

greenoznic

• 5 weeks later...

Not on The Explorer sorry, only on The Aria. Travelled with my daughter whose a Very strict Vegan. She put it in her cruise control and also went and saw the Restaurants when we got on board. Also went and spoke to the specialty restaurants we wanted to eat at.

The Waterfront and Dragon Lady were fantastic asked her what she like to eat told her to come see them the day before when she knew where she was having dinner and they would work things out around what she liked and what ingredients they had.

Wasnt all roses some times her meals were obviously a throw together of bland food but other times they went out of their way to cook up what she liked.

The experience was actually a lot better than she thought it was going to be and some of the Head Maître Ds were really fantastically helpful.

Advice speak to all the Head Maître Ds and follow up the day before or at least the Morning of wherever you are eating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 3:18 PM, greenoznic said:

Hi

Are there any vegans that have any experience with P & O, in particular the Pacific Explorer?

Thanks

Hi there, Daughter here. Please join this facebook group, they are extremely helpful and many people have shared there experiences/tips on cruising p&o as a vegan! https://m.*****/1991162617834488?group_view_referrer=profile_browser (if the link doesnt work the group is called Vegan Cruisade) 

Good luck 😃

Edited by Ru2on

I'd also like to give a shout-out to the staff at the restaurants on the Aria.  My wife is coeliac and they were amazingly accommodating to her. 

Every day she was asked to visit the Monkey Bar before 4pm where she was shown that nights menu and asked which meal she'd like.  They'd then make a GF version of it. 

Likewise when we'd sit down (at Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner) in any of the restaurants (Waterfront for Breakfast & Lunch, obviously) they'd offer her GF bread instead of normal breadrolls etc.  It's those small touches that really help.