Visa procedures for a southeast cruise on Norwegian?

portnum

Greetings!

I am going to go on a southeast Asia trip next year and wanted to understand the visa requirements. Will Norwegian take care of it on my behalf for a fee? Is there something I need to do beforehand? I am from United States and don't travel international. I need all the help I can get from this wonderful community. This will be my first trip and I am excited. I just don't want paperwork to get in the way.

Itinerary:

-Disembark out of Sinagpore(I want to spend a couple of days here)

-Thailand

-Cambodia

-Vietnam

-Arrive Hong Kong (I want to spend a couple of days here)

For those who have gone through this experience,can you tell me the costs you paid last time? I wanted to build this in my budget. Past forum posts maybe using outdated amounts.

Many thanks!

NCL will arrange your visas for Cambodia and Vietnam and will charge the cost to your onboard account. The cost varies and NCL didn’t list the specific costs. Make sure your passport has more than 6 months of validation.

If you have any other questions it’s always a good idea to go on NCL’s website and type in any questions in the search box. That’s how I found the information above.

Greetings!

I am going to go on a southeast Asia trip next year and wanted to understand the visa requirements. Will Norwegian take care of it on my behalf for a fee? Is there something I need to do beforehand? I am from United States and don't travel international. I need all the help I can get from this wonderful community. This will be my first trip and I am excited. I just don't want paperwork to get in the way.

Itinerary:

-Disembark out of Sinagpore(I want to spend a couple of days here)

-Thailand

-Cambodia

-Vietnam

-Arrive Hong Kong (I want to spend a couple of days here)

For those who have gone through this experience,can you tell me the costs you paid last time? I wanted to build this in my budget. Past forum posts maybe using outdated amounts.

Many thanks!

Cambodia, Vietnam and China will need visas. If you live in a major coastal city (e.g., SF, LA, NYC, DC), one or more of those countries will have a consulate that will handle visas for individual applicants. Here in SF, we can do China and Vietnam. But, Cambodia for us is in L.A.

If the consulate is "local" to you, you should be able to avoid mailing stuff (I.e., your passport et al.) and it will usually be far cheaper than the service used by the cruise line. Not "local?" You will need to do the math on DIY vs use the cruise line (or another) visa agency.

Whatever you do, make sure your passports will have at least six months still valid after your trip's return date and that there are adequate full empty pages for each visa. Note that you can no longer have blank pages added to existing passports.

Assuming the Visa requirements for US passports are similar to Canada & UK passports - can't remember which of my passports I used.

Thailand - did not require a Visa regardless of flying into Bangkok or arriving on a cruise ship

Vietnam - when visiting by cruise ship, a Visa was added to the passport and our account was charged. If flying in you have the option of getting a Visa in advance, or at the airport.

Cambodia - same as Vietnam

Honk Kong - have never required a Visa whether arriving on cruise ship or at the airport

• 2 weeks later...

For Vietnam, if you are planning on staying overnight off ship - as in for a trip to Hanoi or an overnight Junk cruise in Ha Long Bay - there is a different visa requirement and a higher cost. Be sure to let your ship officials know that you will be overnighting so that they can get you the proper visa.