Is it possible to leave the Royal Caribbean property at Labadee

copycat53

My daughter is currently living in Haiti. I would love to visit with her when our ship stops at Labadee. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean will either allow me to leave the private beach area or allow her to come inside the gates to visit for a few hours?

I’m sure the folks who responded above have more experience than me, but I know that Haitian crew who have the day off leave the area to visit their families and often bring other crew with them. Further, I observed “visitors” sitting with a crew member on the island - presumably they were Haitian friends or family of the crew member who were allowed to come visit them for the day.

Obviously rules for the crew would be different than those for passengers but it seems worth a try. I believe RC has an office of some kind in Haiti (or at least a local contact, which is listed on the compasses for emergencies). It’s probably easiest for your daughter to try contacting that local office/contact to see what’s possible. I cannot imagine a scenario in which calling RC customer service in the U.S. would end in anything but frustration on this one.

I do hope you are able to work it out.

stopped at Labadee just a few days ago. in addition to the many workers from the local area I saw well over a dozen folks wearing 'visitor' badges while at the bars and getting lunch ..... getting in IS possible. I also observed an fairly regular flow of folks by boat to/from the town of Labadee.

It may take some digging and MUST be set up ahead of time but I'd say visiting the 'compound' from the shore side IS possible.

OTOH I have spent a bit of time 'on the ground' in Haiti and assuming dd is not in the Labadee area, getting there will be half the fun. But if she's been there very long she knows all about this ....

• 2 weeks later...
My daughter is currently living in Haiti. I would love to visit with her when our ship stops at Labadee. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean will either allow me to leave the private beach area or allow her to come inside the gates to visit for a few hours?

Yes,

With prior permission of the captain, some waivers and paperwork need to be signed, you need to have someone to take you and bring you back to Labadee.

Someone on one of our cruises did this. And this information is from what he related to us.

Is it possible for your daughter to visit you there?

• 1 year later...

Hi there!!! I have the exact same question. I am thinking of traveling to Labadee for the sole reason of seeing my god son and daughter. I want them to come and visit me there to spend the day. Did you find out any info on this topic yet?

On 2/16/2019 at 5:10 PM, CILCIANRQTS said:

Most if not all of that is occurring on the opposite end of the country. It's a 12+ hour roundtrip drive between Labadee/Cap-Haitien and Port-au-Prince, so OP isn't going to get anywhere near there in the few hours they're looking for.