Mahogany Bay Isla, Roatan

beshears

I originally had ask about Roatan, Honduras, as I "thought" that was where we were to be headed. Now it "may" be the same place, but I was told it was called Mahogany Bay Ilsa, Roatan. To tell you the truth, I am confused!:confused: Are they the same place, different or what, if you know?

If this is a different place, other than Roatan, would you tell me a little about it as well.

Thank you for your replies about Mahogany Bay, as I was a little concerned. I thought it had something to do with Carnival, but "wondered" if we just stay in that area, or if there are other areas that we can check out as well, and hopefully they are not too far away.

Thank you for your replies about Mahogany Bay, as I was a little concerned. I thought it had something to do with Carnival, but "wondered" if we just stay in that area, or if there are other areas that we can check out as well, and hopefully they are not too far away.

Carnival, Princess and Holland America dock here. Once you get off the dock, turn right and it is a 10 minute walk or you can take the chair lift (all day pass $9.00). I have been on some cruises where they do not tell you about the beach. It just like a private Island, has 1000's of lounge chairs. It is my favorite port to go to, the best beach in the Caribbean and good snorkeling on the left side of beach.

Well believe it or not, it looks like my friend and I will be going this direction. I didn't know for sure, as I was letting her "pick out" the direction/area she wanted to go, but I knew she sort of leaned towards Honduras.:) The beach sounds wonderful, but as my friend said to me tonight, do you think the water will be too cold around the end of March???

Carnival, Princess and Holland America dock here. Once you get off the dock, turn right and it is a 10 minute walk or you can take the chair lift (all day pass $9.00). I have been on some cruises where they do not tell you about the beach. It just like a private Island, has 1000's of lounge chairs. It is my favorite port to go to, the best beach in the Caribbean and good snorkeling on the left side of beach.

Chewap -- What is the name of the beach you are referring to? We are also looking for places to snorkel.

I also read that "West Bay" is a good area for snorkeling. Has anyone been there and if so, what did you think of it?

Tugtraveller, thank you for your posting. The chair lift sounds like fun to check out. In regard to the beach that is close by with all the chairs, is there a charge to use/be on this beach? Yes, like someone else said, I would like to know the name of it as well.

Thanks for letting me know about the chair lifts, and no cost to the beach. It is over :( 4 months away, but I'm getting so excited to make this trip.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, you don't have to take the chair lift. It's an easy 10 minute walk on the nice boarded sidewalk. ;)

Well believe it or not, it looks like my friend and I will be going this direction. I didn't know for sure, as I was letting her "pick out" the direction/area she wanted to go, but I knew she sort of leaned towards Honduras.:) The beach sounds wonderful, but as my friend said to me tonight, do you think the water will be too cold around the end of March???

Roatan is in Central America, so the water rarely gets below 80 degrees, even in winter. A quick Google search shows the water temperature in March should be 82-84.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Roatan is in Central America, so the water rarely gets below 80 degrees, even in winter. A quick Google search shows the water temperature in March should be 82-84.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Per the above, the water tempertures will be quite warm in March.

We are normally there in the Jan/Feb time frame ... and the water temps are not a factor.

Enjoy! :)

OCruisers, good to know about the water temperature. We would love to go there in January/February, but living here in Missouri, sometimes (it has happened to us, that is why I don't travel in those months) we can be stranded at the airport, and lose our cruise for a day, because the plane is stranded at the airport.

• 1 month later...