Which Day Pass for a day with many ships in port at Cozumel?

TravelinGert

Nachi Cocom is our favorite beach for a quiet and relaxing day - limited to about 130 guests per day. Not adults only, but the lack of water toys and other attractions tends to keep the number of children way down. About $55 each for AI (food/drinks) and the service has always been great! :cool:

Agree, I think Secrets Aura is the only adults only resort.

Occidental is nice although all the resorts in that area have a long walk from the main buildings to the beach due to the mangroves - just a heads up in case mobility is an issue. We haven't been to Occidental since Barceló took over but in the case of inclement weather the beach front buffet closed and was moved back to main building when we stayed there.

If this is for February, this will be high season for the resorts.

• 2 weeks later...
Since 7 ships will be in Cozumel the day we are there I was trying to guess which day pass might be the less crowded option. Occidental looks like a nice place but we were hoping to find somewhere adults only. Any suggestions?

Easy choice - Secrets resort. We have done both the day pass and spent a week there. Nice staff, good drinks, food is good. The beach is nice, snorkeling s OK.

We’ve done Aura, Sabor next door Nachi, Cozemelito, Sanchos, Mia, Passion Island, Chackkanab, Dolpinarius, and probably a couple of others I can’t remember. We had a great time at all, but if kid free is your Aim, Aura is the simplest but a bit pricy. If you’re looking to dodge crowds and kids, rent a car or hire a taxi for the day and hit the back side of the island. We actually just did twister to Passion for the 2nd time because we wanted a sandy beach (not rocky seaweed) and did not want the hassle of getting a cab or renting a car. Not as kid free as Aura, but not crowded with a sandy beach and if you head down to the end where the beach beds are, kid free enough. With no cab to worry about, cheaper than Aura, and super easy right off the pier. We almost never do the ships excursions due to crowding and price, but this is was a good exception.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums