Marriage Licensing in the Bahamas

I am getting married in Freeport, Bahamas at the Grand Lucayan Resort on May 18, 2018 via the Carnival Pride. We have decided to do a full wedding in the Bahamas but I'm very nervous about obtaining a marriage license the day of with all of the stipulations placed on licensing. Plus, we have a very short timeframe for that particular port (7a-1p). I don't want to leave any room for error!

Has anyone gotten married on the island in Freeport that could give advice or share personal experiences on this topic?

Thanks in advance!

Heather

I am getting married in Freeport, Bahamas at the Grand Lucayan Resort on May 18, 2018 via the Carnival Pride. We have decided to do a full wedding in the Bahamas but I'm very nervous about obtaining a marriage license the day of with all of the stipulations placed on licensing. Plus, we have a very short timeframe for that particular port (7a-1p). I don't want to leave any room for error!

Has anyone gotten married on the island in Freeport that could give advice or share personal experiences on this topic?

Thanks in advance!

Heather

We're confirmed for Freeport on the Pride on 07/20/2015. We decided on Xanadu, however, for the seclusion factor.

Did you file your initial paperwork to start the process? I'm curious as well and am following this thread

We're confirmed for Freeport on the Pride on 07/20/2015. We decided on Xanadu, however, for the seclusion factor.

Did you file your initial paperwork to start the process? I'm curious as well and am following this thread

Yes, we have filed all of the paperwork with The Wedding Experience. The fees associated to the marriage license themselves add up quickly. The licensing fees alone are over $500 at this point and we haven't even ordered any additional copies to bring home with us (which is cheaper to pay for in advance than to order at a later date after the wedding). I've emailed the Wedding Experience to see if we could be refunded for these fees and to just get married at the courthouse stateside first to save on cost and to avoid any unnecessary error or stress the day of the wedding. They haven't been the best with communication so far so we will see how they respond.