Obc

HotRoot

There is a shore excursion I really want to take. I will be disappointed if it sells out before we board. I have a very large OBC and nothing to spend it on but shore excursions. If I book and prepay, can I cancel on board, get a refund, and rebook and use my OBC?

There is a shore excursion I really want to take. I will be disappointed if it sells out before we board. I have a very large OBC and nothing to spend it on but shore excursions. If I book and prepay, can I cancel on board, get a refund, and rebook and use my OBC?

Interesting question. We had a tour cancelled and it was put as a credit on our account We ended up booking another tour but I don't know if accounting knows the difference between a cash refund or obc when they co mingle it in your account If they know the difference then the refund could be used towards gratuities we ended up spending our obc and only had the gratuities to pay

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Technically, I don't see how they could stop you from doing it (knowing their generous cancellation policy). Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. The only kink might be if the excursion were sold out and there was a waiting list and you ended up at the bottom of that list after cancellation.

Technically, I don't see how they could stop you from doing it (knowing their generous cancellation policy). Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. The only kink might be if the excursion were sold out and there was a waiting list and you ended up at the bottom of that list after cancellation.

If there is a waiting list, we would not cancel.