Gatun Lakes and Locks Cruise with Embera Indians

twotennesseans

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion. It says there are 40 steps to go up and down to get to the Indian Village, and that the steps are logs. I was wondering how stable the logs are as I have a bad knee. It would also be nice to see others opinions on this excursion as to what you thought about it as a whole. Any insight into this excursion would be great. Thanks in advance :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is hard to say for sure just what will await you on the visit to the Emberas, since more than one village may be used for the excursion. The description is probably broad enough to cover all the bases. I think it is safe to say there will be some sort of walking up a bank from where the cayuco (dugout) lands. I don't believe the log steps will pose any problem except providing for a slightly irregular rise. They normally are well embedded into the ground and are stable. Besides there are normally a number of Emberas there to provide a helping hand should one be needed.

Here is a cayuco all loaded with victims... I mean visitors.

2q3u3pd.jpg

It is hard to say for sure just what will await you on the visit to the Emberas, since more than one village may be used for the excursion. The description is probably broad enough to cover all the bases. I think it is safe to say there will be some sort of walking up a bank from where the cayuco (dugout) lands. I don't believe the log steps will pose any problem except providing for a slightly irregular rise. They normally are well embedded into the ground and are stable. Besides there are normally a number of Emberas there to provide a helping hand should one be needed.

Here is a cayuco all loaded with victims... I mean visitors.

2q3u3pd.jpg

Thanks Bill for the feedback! Love the pics too :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums