Welcome to 2017 - Any Fare Increases/Cuts?

mrlevin

FYI: I spot-checked today, and did not find any fare changes. But I will do it in full on Tuesday in case they are waiting until after the holiday weekend.

I think that I'm missing something. Did Regent announce another increase for August 31st? Somehow I remember that this was done at the end of each quarter.

• 4 weeks later...

Appreciate your analysis and running the numbers for us, Drib. Interesting to watch. I am glad I went ahead and booked Sydney to Auckland back when I did. It was already expensive, but now even more.

Looking at another cruise now for 2019 and wondering if I should go ahead and put down the deposit. I was going to wait till the Sydney to Auckland cruise, so I could get the onboard booking. In the past, I know sometimes they would apply this retroactively to things I had already booked. Does anyone know if they will still do that?

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmmmmm, at first I thought that someone was confusing Oceania's Riviera with one of Regent's ship. That would not have been a good thing. I do wonder why Regent names their cruises (besides for the fact that they are copying Oceania). Posters have begun referring to cruises by name rather than itinerary or date. IMO, names mean nothing (like what the heck does Riviera to Hemingway mean)? I kinda get the "Hemingway" part but there are "Riveira's are all over the world! When cruises are referred to by name, most of us have to look it up. If the date isn't given (or a link), we are clueless.

Do appreciate the information on increases and decreases in fares. Hope that posters booked online so that they have a price guarantee. Fortunately, our TA keeps track of this - otherwise, we would be doing a lot of homework. Thanks drib:D

P.S. Must admit that, although I dislike the names, it is a heck of a lot better than cruise lines that refer to itineraries by numbers. Are you on cruise 839687 or on cruise 839230?

Edited by Travelcat2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Drib, thanks for bringing this to our attention. These descriptions have been corrected.

I still didn't find any trips with fare changes (except as Marq noted above).

But Reggie, if you are following, there are errors in these cruise descriptions:

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY190405/summary (Emperors is spelled wrong.)

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/NAV190409/summary (Needs a space between the ampersand and Historic.)

These for some reason have a stray number in the description:

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR190605/summary

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR190619/summary

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR190626/summary

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR190731/summary

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/NAV191119/summary (Cartagena, not Cartegena. It's right on the map, though.)

And this one, which is a mystery to me:

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/EXP200211/summary

Riveria? Is that supposed to be Riviera? Or maybe Rivera, like Diego Rivera? Or maybe there's a writer named Riveria, or a Hemingway character, and I'm just not familiar with the name?

Hmmmmmm, at first I thought that someone was confusing Oceania's Riviera with one of Regent's ship. That would not have been a good thing. I do wonder why Regent names their cruises (besides for the fact that they are copying Oceania). Posters have begun referring to cruises by name rather than itinerary or date. IMO, names mean nothing (like what the heck does Riviera to Hemingway mean)? I kinda get the "Hemingway" part but there are "Riveira's are all over the world! When cruises are referred to by name, most of us have to look it up. If the date isn't given (or a link), we are clueless.

Do appreciate the information on increases and decreases in fares. Hope that posters booked online so that they have a price guarantee. Fortunately, our TA keeps track of this - otherwise, we would be doing a lot of homework. Thanks drib:D

P.S. Must admit that, although I dislike the names, it is a heck of a lot better than cruise lines that refer to itineraries by numbers. Are you on cruise 839687 or on cruise 839230?

Well, Regent's numbering system always made sense to me, although they don't use it except for web page addresses and correspondence. "EXP190105" gives you the ship and departure date. The only thing that would make it more usable would be to append the duration in days - "EXP190105-14" would tell you what ship, departure date, and duration. Of course, you have no idea where it's going, but hey - no system is perfect, right? ;p

Well, Regent's numbering system always made sense to me, although they don't use it except for web page addresses and correspondence. "EXP190105" gives you the ship and departure date. The only thing that would make it more usable would be to append the duration in days - "EXP190105-14" would tell you what ship, departure date, and duration. Of course, you have no idea where it's going, but hey - no system is perfect, right? ;p

Bill, so is EXP190105 really Explorer 01/05/2019? If so, why would Regent decide to do backwards dates? Must admit though that if the numbers are simply a backwards date, it is helpful.

• 1 month later...

While not 100% on topic, there is something going on with two cruises in March, 2020 - one from Los Angeles to Miami and the other from Miami to Los Angeles. Both showing 100% full. Wondering what is happening with those two itineraries.

Australia trip now has two segments one ending 31 Dec in Bali and second starting 1 Jan in Bali (i.e., end and start on different days). Makes sense as Regent moving all guests to shore for New Year's eve party that night (I assume we will sleep on ship). PH and above all sold out so segments for only regular cabins.

I am in China so prices hard to compare; no air and no pre night hotel for Concierge.

Marc

Marc, did u note that the free on board medical service we get on the circumnavigation is now not listed as an amenity on the Aussie Adventure grand voyage amenities.

Last January we also had a special dinner in Bali (not on New Years) as part of the Auckland to HK grand voyage.

See Arlene, Olivia and you in Lima, for dinner in the Mariner's Compass Rose in just about three weeks.

Marc, did u note that the free on board medical service we get on the circumnavigation is now not listed as an amenity on the Aussie Adventure grand voyage amenities.

Last January we also had a special dinner in Bali (not on New Years) as part of the Auckland to HK grand voyage.

See Arlene, Olivia and you in Lima, for dinner in the Mariner's Compass Rose in just about three weeks.

Wes, good catch; I checked my invoice and it is listed there so that is all that matters. Now with 50% single supplement maybe we can convince Olivia to join us. :p

Concur, we will gently twist Olivia’s arm (tho I already know we may not succeed) she loves spending Christmas with her family). On our roll call (u need to join and sign up for the meet & mingle pls) Davefr called this voyage split months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also note that two Explorer cruises, October 29, 2019, Rome to Monte Carlo and November 5, 2019, Monte Carlo to Barcelona, no longer have web pages on the Regent site.

:confused: Maybe the first refurbishment for Explorer :confused:

Timing (just over 3 years from entering service), duration (2 weeks) and location look about right.

:confused: Maybe the first refurbishment for Explorer :confused:

Timing (just over 3 years from entering service), duration (2 weeks) and location look about right.

Didn't Regent usually run on a 4-year refurb cycle? Or am I confused? But yeah, it sure looks like a refurb window, doesn't it?

Didn't Regent usually run on a 4-year refurb cycle? Or am I confused? But yeah, it sure looks like a refurb window, doesn't it?

Regent was doing 2-year cycles for a while but lately it has been more like 3-years. The Mariner is an exception because she had a partial refurb (upper suites only) and is now going to have a major refurb.

I'm a bit surprised that Explorer will go over 3 years since there are things on the ship that need to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Regent was doing 2-year cycles for a while but lately it has been more like 3-years. The Mariner is an exception because she had a partial refurb (upper suites only) and is now going to have a major refurb.

I'm a bit surprised that Explorer will go over 3 years since there are things on the ship that need to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Yeah, like the finish on the handrail on the main staircase. Woof. That didn't hold up well at all. Something to rethink on Splednor, er, Spelndor, er...well, the new ship...(cross-thread bonus points).

• 2 months later...

I know that Drib said he will be unable to continue his excellent analysis. I did find it interesting that on April 1 our two 2019 cruises have increased by $100pp each, even though they are wide open at this point. More importantly, on the US website Regent is offering $300 shipboard credits for certain 2018 Med and Northern Europe cruises and a 3 category upgrade for certain 2018 Asia, South Pacific and South American Cruises. If you already booked onboard you should be able to take advantage of the "price guarantee" and if not, your experienced travel agent can likely get you some additional benefit as well.