Waiotapu or white water rafting

sherylc

We are trying to figure out best option for our Tauranga day. We are considering doing the white water rafting trip (through the ship since I can't find any other takers to split transportation) vs the Waiotapu thermal park. Has anyone been to both Waiotapu and Yellowstone National Park? We had several days at Yellowstone and are likely to return. Does Waitoapu compare or are we better off going for a bit of an adrenaline fix? (We are also planning on white water rafting in Queenstown pre-cruise)

We are trying to figure out best option for our Tauranga day. We are considering doing the white water rafting trip (through the ship since I can't find any other takers to split transportation) vs the Waiotapu thermal park. Has anyone been to both Waiotapu and Yellowstone National Park? We had several days at Yellowstone and are likely to return. Does Waitoapu compare or are we better off going for a bit of an adrenaline fix? (We are also planning on white water rafting in Queenstown pre-cruise)

Go the white water rafting. The thermal grounds of NZ are good but not as good as Yellowstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums