Post cruise sydney hotel stay (2 nights)

The_0neuk

On the 7th December I disembark ovation of the seas and then I have two nights in Sydney to have a look around

Where do people recommend I stay? Not looking for the cheapest place just somewhere nice and comfy in decent location for food and sightseeing

The usual attractions really

Opera House

Bridge

Downtown (High street area)

May pop across to manly on the ferry

In that case you may be better off down near the Rocks. So much depends on your budget.

We found the Old Sydney Holiday Inn which is in the Rocks, near the Bridge, the Opera House, Circular Quay, and within just a couple of blocks of the Overseas Passenger Terminal. Another plus is that the HOHO bus has a nearby stop, if you are interested in getting a good overview of Sydney via that form of transportation. The cost is reasonable, and the view from the rooftop pool is amazing. Nice view of the bridge and Circular Quay. However, if you are docking at White's Bay, it will be a train, taxi, or bus to the Rocks. Good luck!

We usually stay at the Circular Quay Marriott. In US$ it’s a reasonable price for a big city hotel. It’s a great location on Pitt St only a small city block from the Circular Quay ferries and train station. An easy walk with wheelie luggage to the OPT.

We’ll be there 3 nites pre-cruise and 1 nite post-cruise this December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll only be in Sydney one day pre and one day post cruise. We'd like to take a tour of the city (maybe double decker bus???). Do we need to book a hotel with a Concierge to help us book this?

Nope, should be able to take care of that yourself.

You should look for hotels in the following areas:

1. Circular Quay

2. The Rocks

3. CBD

These are the most convenient areas to the main sights of Sydney.

We have stayed at the Intercontinental in Circular Quay and the Sydney Harbour B&B in the Rocks. They were somewhat different from each other, but both were excellent choices!

I was there last year, stayed at the Four Seasons. the Four Seasons and Marriott are near the cruise terminal, you can walk to either hotel from the cruise terminal, as I saw many do. The hop on hop off is near the Ferry terminal & Opera House and you can walk in and get your ticket.

I found the city very walkable and with so much to do there. I know I'll be back there by 2020.

This is my "go to" plan whenever I visit Sydney. I normally find this is cheapest and most convenient for me.

I try to work my hotel arrangements around the train.

I normally stay at either the Pullman Hyde Park or Rydges World Square.

Both have excellent restaurants at fair prices, with Rydges being closely situated to china town, so tons and tons of restaurants. Pullman is a bit further away from most restaurants, but has a great view over Hyde Park.

Prices for both are around the $200-$250 mark per night.

Why do I go with them?

Both are very reasonably priced. Both are well kept and the food is great. Both are close to the main train line, which will take you everywhere.

Arriving to Sydney via air? Take the train to Museum Station. Then a short 5-10min walk to the hotel. Going on a cruise after checking out? Jump on the train at Museum station and go 2 stops to circular quay.

Arriving to Sydney via cruise? then take the reverse train. No need for Taxi's etc.