Noon to Six pm port time - and dolphins!?!?

kkttc

Hi, We are porting from 12 noon to 6pm on Dec 29th.

My daughter and son would like to do a dolphin swim, but my oldest isn't interested in it. My wife and I might. Given the limited time in port, what would you say our best option is?

Balmoral / Blue Lagoon / Dolphin Cay are our options. What I'm concerned about over Balmora is that going there is just that - no other time in port to shop, etc. The same goes for Blue Lagoon but that location looks like there is more to do there other than just beaching it after the dolphin experience as in Balmora.

We could book a Dolphin Cay experience and just get there by water taxi, but would there be something else to do there that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Is there a beach we could go to near there for free after this?

It's our last day, back to Miami the next day. The other 2 ports are St Thomas and Antigua so there will be plenty of beach time then I guess, but no dolphin options there.

Thanks for any advice.

Kids ages are 16 / 19 / 22.

One thing to consider is the water temperature and weather at the end of December. It may be fine, but can also be cool if a strong cold front pushes through. Depending on what you are used to , it may not be an issue. You might plan 2 options, but don't pre-book either and see what the weather is like when you arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One thing to consider is the water temperature and weather at the end of December. It may be fine, but can also be cool if a strong cold front pushes through. Depending on what you are used to , it may not be an issue. You might plan 2 options, but don't pre-book either and see what the weather is like when you arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Per above, the water temperatures can actually be VERY chilly in the winter months.