Any itinary changes?

Think we will have to track the ships to find out the POC

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Just taken from the P&O forum...

<snip>

Changes to Ventura N801 received this morning. No Tortola or St Maarten replaced with Martinique &Guadeloupe.

Changes to 16 Feb Britannia St Maarten and Dominca now Martinque and Tobago

Tortola and St Maarten gone, replaced by Grand Turk and Guadeloupe

<snip>

As mentioned before St Maarten & Tortola I beleive come back on the schedules this month.

http://www.miami.com/miami-hotels-motels/worried-about-your-caribbean-cruise-these-are-the-ports-that-are-still-open-173570/

Keith (Southend)

The Caribbean is great whichever island you visit we don't go till February but hope all the locals we have made friends with over the past years are OK and are looking forward to meeting up with them. Discovery is waiting in Palma at the moment for it passengers have a great cruise.

We're on a seven night cruise with Marella from 10/12/17 calling at St Thomas,Puerto Rico and Dominica,which were all severely hit by the hurricanes,especially Dominica which was devastated.Anyone with any sense would know that we won't be going there.

We have heard nothing from TUI andthey are still selling the same itinerary albeit at a reduced price.

This is very disappointing, particularly as TUI have very few itineraries to these areas unlike some of the major players.

Used to be quite a user and supporter of Thomson, but I'll be thinking twice about it...no good messing about with name changes if you can't provide a decent customer service.

We're on a seven night cruise with Marella from 10/12/17 calling at St Thomas,Puerto Rico and Dominica,which were all severely hit by the hurricanes,especially Dominica which was devastated.Anyone with any sense would know that we won't be going there.

We have heard nothing from TUI andthey are still selling the same itinerary albeit at a reduced price.

This is very disappointing, particularly as TUI have very few itineraries to these areas unlike some of the major players.

Used to be quite a user and supporter of Thomson, but I'll be thinking twice about it...no good messing about with name changes if you can't provide a decent customer service.

Have received a email reply from TUI saying that "if there are any itinerary changes you will be informed before your cruise"...in other words "go away".

I wonder if TUI customers in Germany get a similar level of service?

This is unacceptable given the level of damage in Dominica and the amount of time that TUI have had to assess the problem given that they have few cruises to rearrange anyway.All alternative ports will be filled by more pro-active cruiselines.If they intend to do nothing and put a "day at sea" in, they've lost my custom; there are plenty of other cruiselines out there and Thomson/Marella aren't cheap anymore.

I think they are just being realistic, perhaps they don't really know if the ports are accepting ships if you look on one of the cruise location sites you can see which ships are in dock. Its much easier for them and more convenient for us, not to change until it is absolutely necessary. I honestly don't think they are telling you to go away but just giving you the latest info they have.

Pensioncruiser;

I think you are trying to give TUI the benefit of the doubt and it is very probable that the ship will call at St Thomas and Puerto Rico but a bit of research into the conditions in Dominica makes it almost impossible to believe that this island will be open to tourism in December; the infrastructure was destroyed; electricity,water,roads, the rainforest which was their main tourist attraction has been toppled.This is not a wealthy island and their cash crop of bananas has been wiped out.

Other cruiselines are saying that their ships will not return till April 2018 at the earliest.

It's very sad for Dominica and we have sent a donation to the Red Cross to assist them; the UK government will double any donations made.

Cruiseships in December; aren't going to happen and TUI must know that.

Like you we are worried how the locals are coping, over the years we have meet so many friendly people and hope they are OK we don't go till next year but are hoping we can meet up with them again. Think my point was that I am not really concerned if they change the itinerary even if its on the day we arrive, but I can understand Caribbean first timers could be disappointed not getting the ports they expected.

Pensioncruiser;

I think you are trying to give TUI the benefit of the doubt and it is very probable that the ship will call at St Thomas and Puerto Rico but a bit of research into the conditions in Dominica makes it almost impossible to believe that this island will be open to tourism in December; the infrastructure was destroyed; electricity,water,roads, the rainforest which was their main tourist attraction has been toppled.This is not a wealthy island and their cash crop of bananas has been wiped out.

Other cruiselines are saying that their ships will not return till April 2018 at the earliest.

It's very sad for Dominica and we have sent a donation to the Red Cross to assist them; the UK government will double any donations made.

The most obvious replacement to Dominica is Martinque and being that they have smaller ships to their rivals and would expect to be tendered in.

St Maarten, Tortola, Puerto Rica and St Thomas are supposed to be opening this month to some extent.

http://www.miami.com/miami-hotels-motels/worried-about-your-caribbean-cruise-these-are-the-ports-that-are-still-open-173570/

Keith (Southend)

Pensioncruiser;

Update; on the TUI site under travel news , they confirmed on thursday that they will not be visiting Dominica and would be contacting those whose cruise would be effected in the following week.

I was told 2 weeks ago that Dominica had been changed to St Vincent - and it's not a problem to us

Thanks for the info; I just like to know what's going on, particularly as three out of our six ports could have been affected.

This is our fourth cruise to the caribbean and I chose it because of the chance to visit new islands; some ports have more possibilities than others.

Last time we visited Dominica, we prebooked the Champagne Snorkel cruise and Thompson cancelled it the night before,I know that this is the luck of the draw but my husband has a strong preference for cruise ship trips because he is worried about being left behind; so between the cruise company cabcelling and my husband I can be left with very limited choices, particularly if the time in port is quite short.

People who have not visited the caribbean before may not be aware that the "ideal" beach is invariably a taxi drive away and that can have it's own complications, which is why we now go for a hotel/cruise holiday and use the cruise to explore likely land-based holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

TUI have finally notified us of the substantial changes required on the seven isles itinerary for the week commencing 10/12/17; barbados,tobago,guadaloupe,antigua,st lucia,martinique,grenada,barbados.

£15 on borad credit pp to compensate for cost of esta's.

Wosh all the people of dominica,st.thomas and puerto rico the speediest recoveries of their beautiful islands.

TUI have finally notified us of the substantial changes required on the seven isles itinerary for the week commencing 10/12/17; barbados,tobago,guadaloupe,antigua,st lucia,martinique,grenada,barbados.

£15 on borad credit pp to compensate for cost of esta's.

Wosh all the people of dominica,st.thomas and puerto rico the speediest recoveries of their beautiful islands.

Thank you for posting that liauq, our seven isles is January 7th, but we would be quite happy with those changes.

Has any one heard anything re Paradise Islands which has St Maarten and Tortola (BVI) as this should have already started?

Keith (Southend)

we were meant to be on the 19/11 paradise islands sailing,but due to my husband suddenly having a TIA 2 days before we are still at home. This sailing was changed to st Kitts - Antigua- Martinique-St Vincent - Tobago

That would mean that if anyone was booked on both (1) Paradise Islands and (2) Seven Islands they would be going to Tobaga and Martinique twice. That's we are booked on leaving the 31st December 2017 (1) missing St Maarten & Tortola followed by (2) missing St Thomas USVI and Puerto Rico 7th January 2018, which leaving the one leaving on the 10th December I understand also goes to Tortola and Martinique. We're ok with that, but many may not be so pleased.:')

Keith (Southend)

we were meant to be on the 19/11 paradise islands sailing,but due to my husband suddenly having a TIA 2 days before we are still at home. This sailing was changed to st Kitts - Antigua- Martinique-St Vincent - Tobago

Deae fragilek; I just want to wish you all the best as we have a lot of that in our family; just get him to take it easy, some people get a tia and then don't get one for ears,keep positive but calm! love!

That would mean that if anyone was booked on both (1) Paradise Islands and (2) Seven Islands they would be going to Tobaga and Martinique twice. That's we are booked on leaving the 31st December 2017 (1) missing St Maarten & Tortola followed by (2) missing St Thomas USVI and Puerto Rico 7th January 2018, which leaving the one leaving on the 10th December I understand also goes to Tortola and Martinique. We're ok with that, but many may not be so pleased.:')

Keith (Southend)

E-mail from Tui today Sailing Seven Shores March 4th 2018 losing Dominica adding Martinique :)