Port in singapore

Cheekyrn1

hv baskey

thanks for the great info on Singapore

we only have one free afternoon/evening in Singapore ( included tour in AM and full day tour the 2nd day through the ship)

would you recommend we hire a guide or just "take it all in" by wandering around by ourselves?

I would consider just doing the HOHO in Singapore...private tour and certainly one booked via the cruiseline is really not necessary at all here.

• 5 months later...
couple of questions regarding our flight arrival into Singapore. We land at midnight and obviously cannot check into ship until afternoon...does anyone have a hotel recommendation near the port? And crazy question but does anyone know if there is a liquor store near the port?

I am in the same situation, I'll be arriving just past midnight. The cruise line rep arrives at the airport for the m & g and transfer to the ship at 9AM. Are there lounges once exiting the secured area ti pick up luggage?

I am in the same situation, I'll be arriving just past midnight. The cruise line rep arrives at the airport for the m & g and transfer to the ship at 9AM. Are there lounges once exiting the secured area ti pick up luggage?

Hi Jean,

I found this topic on Tripadvisor that might help answer your question.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k11506883-Changi_Arrival_after_Midnight-Singapore.html

On another thread I also read about an lounge accessible outside of immigration but the reviews are hit and miss......mainly a noise issue.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294265-d7196023-Reviews-The_Haven_by_JetQuay-Singapore.html

I have stayed both at transit hotel in terminal one and it was good to get a good sleep. We were in transit though so we didn't have to worry about our bags going to Lost and Found. We have also stayed at the Crowne Plaza and that was also excellent. Not noisy at all. These do book out so if you decide to do either of those options I would book sooner rather then later.

The other option is to get a cheap hotel overnight. Taxis are cheap though you will get a surcharge for being a late night taxi. A tip with the taxi.....they will also add a surcharge for using a credit card and not all taxi's take them. When you wait in line if you wish to use a CC let the taxi regulator know so he can set you up with a car that will accept it. Not great in the early hours of the morning to get stuck with a taxi that can't accept a card for payment.

There are lots of ATM's in the airport so maybe just get a some Singapore dollars there. Especially if you need to buy food before boarding the ship.

I hope this helps.

Julie

Thank you Julie, After looking into my options I feel taking the shuttle to a hotel in the direction of the cruise terminal spending the rest of the night. Then, the following day take a taxi to the cruise terminal while canceling the transfer with the cruise line.

I'm looking at the Holiday Inn Express which may give me easy access to China Town the following morning before going to the ship. Is there a better choice for a hotel near China Town?

Sorry Jean I can't help you with hotels there. We usually stay for a while so our criteria for hotels is different. Hopefully someone else can help, or maybe ask for hotel suggestions in a new thread?

Have a wonderful stay and a wonderful cruise.

Julie