Bonnie.... transportation to & from San Juan airport re Dec Cruises??

munch1

Bonnie... I understand Royal Caribbean is offering free transportation to and from San Juan Airport for their oassengers until the end of Dec due to somewhat limited transportation service . This was quoted in an article by RC on Flipboard . If transportation is an ussue for cruise oassengers IS Azanara going to be offering their guests the same courtesy shuttles ?? Is this issue being addressed by Azamara ?? Would appreciate if you would check into this.

Thank you Sharon

Edited by munch1
Spell

Hi -- I would like to know the answer to this also....our hotel is not operational, we were coming in 1 day early, Azamara has no pre-departure hotels available for our trip, and so we are still working on our options. When we were on the phone with them there was no mention of transportation being available...would appreciate hearing any news. Thanks!

Bonnie just wondering if you have had any response from

Azamara in Miami offices in regard to quesrion regarding San Juan transportation to and from airport . Are they going to follow RC courtesy transfers of which RC is offering until the end of Dec.? Please advise. Thank you in advance . Sharon.

Bonnie have you heard anything yet in regards to transportation in San Juan for the Dec 1 cruise ?? Sorry to keep harping on this but hoping for a response soon as we leave for our Azamara Quest cruises starting on Nov 20 and ending in San Juan on Dec 9. Thank you.

If you're Canadian and have booked flights into SJU with a Canadian carrier check your flights as Air Canada and WestJet have cancelled all flights to SJU.

Our flight out of San Juan by West Jet was cancelled back in early October and luckily we were able to get a flight on American thru Charlotte to TO. Our cost was less than our WestJet flight. So lucked out. Also not the long flights that some have had to book as has been reported by news reports.

The next problem is getting from pier to airport in San Juan as was noted by Royal Caribbean to their guests , due to transportation shortage. RC is giving their guests courtesy transportation to and from the airport so have been trying to find out what Azamara ,as RC’s luxury line is doing for it’s guests but no response from Bonnie so far

Glad your air worked out.

I certainly hope Azamara will provide complementary shuttles for passengers because it sounds like whoever is sailing now has gone through extra hoops to be able to sail just so the cruise line didn't have to change ports of embarkation and disembarkation.

I apologize for not seeing this thread earlier.

I've just sent off an email asking for you.

Thanks Bonnie. We are rather concerned about the transportation due to different articles seen reporting taxi shortages and also gas shortages .

Bonnie... I understand Royal Caribbean is offering free transportation to and from San Juan Airport for their oassengers until the end of Dec due to somewhat limited transportation service . This was quoted in an article by RC on Flipboard . If transportation is an ussue for cruise oassengers IS Azanara going to be offering their guests the same courtesy shuttles ?? Is this issue being addressed by Azamara ?? Would appreciate if you would check into this.

Thank you Sharon

For Royal they have entered in special Booking codes to the transfer that can confirm the reservation without adding any costs.

TSJUD = Paid transfer

TSJUDF = Complimentary transfer

Looking at the Azamara sailing 01 December 2017 we sofar only offer TSJUD (Paid Transfer)

So currently Azamara is not offering the free Transfer.

Maybe though BBMacLaird's email to the revenue/transfer team will have them change that ;p

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking to save money, the free transfers, if available, would do that (but not much).

If you are looking for convenience, don't sweat it. We disembarked Jewel of the Seas on Sunday and most pax took advantage of the free shuttle.

We were staying in Old San Juan for a few days so took a taxi. Although there were 2 ships disembarking, the taxi line stretched for maybe a mile. I would guestimate between 500 and 700 taxis in the queue.Most, I fear, never saw a fare.

And the cost, to Old San Juan, which takes longer than to the airport, was $15. And that included luggage fees and a fuel surcharge. Base fare was $10.

Forgive me but i have to say this. Thousands of people in Puerto Rico have little food and water and no jobs. Some cab drivers wasted their gas driving to the port to take passengers to the airport to make some money to feed their families and to make visiting their island easier and more normal . . . and you are asking if there is a FREE bus so none of the cab drivers will make any money again. We should all take cabs and help them out with huge tips. It's a tiny amount compared to the cruise, etc costs.

Forgive me but i have to say this. Thousands of people in Puerto Rico have little food and water and no jobs. Some cab drivers wasted their gas driving to the port to take passengers to the airport to make some money to feed their families and to make visiting their island easier and more normal . . . and you are asking if there is a FREE bus so none of the cab drivers will make any money again. We should all take cabs and help them out with huge tips. It's a tiny amount compared to the cruise, etc costs.

Obviously agree since we just did a taxi. Plus there is the agg factor. Wait for luggage to be loaded on bus. Wait for bus to be filled. Stop at terminals before yours. Wait for luggage to be unloaded. To save maybe $20? Thanks, not for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Just to respond to your statements— question was asked due to RCCI stating —in so many words that transportation was somewhat limited due to the hurricane and that they would be supplying complimentary transportation to and from port /airport until the end of December. The question was not asked to save $$ nor to deny taxi drivers making a living. Obviously things have changed in SJ since then . Differnt earlyNov. articles were being posted in regards to gas shortages and difficulty getting transportation to and from port/ airport by taxi. Some of us were concerned we would be stranded at the pier for long periods of time and perhaps would miss flights home !! As I said before this was not done to try & save $$ !!

Just to respond to your statements— question was asked due to RCCI stating —in so many words that transportation was somewhat limited due to the hurricane and that they would be supplying complimentary transportation to and from port /airport until the end of December. The question was not asked to save $$ nor to deny taxi drivers making a living. Obviously things have changed in SJ since then . Differnt earlyNov. articles were being posted in regards to gas shortages and difficulty getting transportation to and from port/ airport by taxi. Some of us were concerned we would be stranded at the pier for long periods of time and perhaps would miss flights home !! As I said before this was not done to try & save $$ !!

If that was your concern you could have booked the paid Azamara transfer at any time as opposed to asking for a free transfer no less than 5 times above...

If that was your concern you could have booked the paid Azamara transfer at any time as opposed to asking for a free transfer no less than 5 times above...

Sorry me bad. Did not realize we could book transfers after the fact. Also did not realize there is a limit to # of times asking if the powers that be had made a decision in regards to a perfectly legitimate question. Sorry that I ruffled some feathers !🙀

Nobody has gotten back to me that there would be complimentary transfers to the ship. If I hear otherwise, I'll come back here and let you know.

Hi munch1,

I did hear back today that there are not plans to provide complimentary transfers in San Juan.

But as mentioned earlier, yes, you can go onto your MyAzamara and book transfers.

Have a fun cruise!