Final Payment and Specialty Restaurants

ricka47

LOL; Good tip but I WAS on at 11:05 CST; all Jacque gone, reserves for two at other restos were 8 or 9 pm; one 6:30 on a so so date disappeared before I could grab it. Maybe your cruise had fewer bookings. Last cruise I did Concierge Level and had no issue; I really enjoyed Red Ginger, and Toscana and Jacque to a lesser extent but not enough to care to spend the $ this time.

There is no $$ charge for these specialty restaurants

There is no $$ charge for these specialty restaurants

I think that DOJO means that he does not want to spend the extra $$ on a Concierge in order to get a Speciality restaurant reservation of his choice.

We are booked at the Oceania Sirenia. When it was our time to book online, we had only two alternatives for specialty restaurants: Red Ginger or Tuscany. What is this Jacques restaurant? Is it also available on Sirena? How do we book for that one?

Jacques is only on the larger ships

they do have Jacques Bistro for lunch on Sirena

sample menus

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/

Our cruise is January 2018.Final payment was August.We booked all our restaurant reservations in June! Just by chance I took a look online early! Bingo. You never know!

This sounds like an anomaly. Have you checked to make sure they are all still there?

Just an update; checked 4 times; nothing open on Jacques for 2; on the others none before 8:30. I will check once or twice more but unless I get lucky I’ll let this thread go.

Some cruises there can be a lot of people not willing to share a table

Maybe you could do sharing on one restaurant & get a time slot that works for you

As said above, if you want a table for 2 in the GDR, going a little before opening is best and the window tables are easier to get (and often nicest) at that time. For the specialties, on some cruises it is sometimes easiest to get an extra reservation when there is an overnight port in which many people eat off the ship or go on an overnight trip. On a busy summer Baltic cruise, we had no luck getting extra reservations but on winter and fall cruises,we were luckier. The most important thing is to book your allowable reservations as soon as possible and then check for changes later.

I think that DOJO means that he does not want to spend the extra $$ on a Concierge in order to get a Speciality restaurant reservation of his choice.

Yes but by booking a Concierge on an R class, you not only get earlier reservation dates and three bags of laundry but also get double the specialty reservations on cruises 8-17 days. Cruises 18 days or more will get you 3 reservations at each specialty restaurant.