Favorite Viking Ocean Ship & why?

nini

We are in the contemplation stage of booking on Viking Ocean for 2019.

From what I have read so far, it seems that the ships are very

similar.

So, what are the minor differences that stand out that you really

enjoy that may not be on the other Viking ships?

TIA

I think the differences are very small. If I remember correctly starting with the SKY the gym area is larger (they took space from the beauty salon). On the SUN the v and dv cabins will have extra drawers built into the closet. The first 2 ships did not have USB ports on the bedside stand but those may have now been added. I don't know if the color schemes vary from ship to ship. The wonderful art does. There is a great app to help you appreciate the art. We were so busy that in 21 days I never managed to enjoy all the art. I imagine every ship has a little personality difference but that will continuously change depending on the bridge officers and cruise director.

For all intents and purposes, the ships are all the same; any differences are purely cosmetic. All the public spaces have the same names and the same basic decor. All the ships have the same layout. For Viking, what is front and center are the itineraries and the ports they visit.

Thus far, we've been on Star and Sky and for the life of me I can't tell them apart. Which is strange because we also cruise with Azamara and although Quest and Journey are twins in terms of layout, size, and function, the artwork is very different and I prefer Quest over Journey. I think Quest is more beautiful. Star and Sky? Identical in my eyes.