Boarding pass/luggage tags?

put me on a ship

No You get an email from them with your information boarding time etc. boarding crew marked our luggage when go on and everything was at our cabin before we got there. Very easy and casual you will love it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Print off your invoice and itinerary which will be enough to get you to the ship. They may email tickets to you or you TA if you used one but more and more just your printed info is all you need. No luggage tags until you get there but it only takes a minute to fill them out and attach them to your luggage. Biggest thing to confirm is exactly where you sail from if there is more than one pier or terminal at your port of departure. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, that explains why we haven't received anything from Windstar. This is our first cruise with WS and we were expecting the same type of documents and luggage tags along with shore information as we've received from Seabourn and Oceania.

Not sure if there is more than one cruise terminal in Barbados but will find out. We sail on 2 December which is fast approaching!

Your documents from WS should give you name of terminal where you sail from. And most cab drivers know. Not sure about Barbados but WS has emailed or texted us in the past if the terminal changes prior to departure.

Well, that explains why we haven't received anything from Windstar. This is our first cruise with WS and we were expecting the same type of documents and luggage tags along with shore information as we've received from Seabourn and Oceania.

Not sure if there is more than one cruise terminal in Barbados but will find out. We sail on 2 December which is fast approaching!

Yes, no tags sent. Just print off your WS confirmation email which arrives a short time before you sail.

At the terminal, they have a WS desk with your details to match up.

When we went from Barbados, we took a taxi to the cruise terminal which is also next to the bus station.

We went inside the departure hall, found the Wind Star meeting point where we were checked in, had our luggage tagged and kept to one side and were given a time to come back and wait for the minibus to take us round to the ship.

Boarding doesn't start until 1pm so we had an hour to look around the small selection of shops inside the terminal ........ 'nothing grand ....... 'like an indoor market place but handy if you need some last-minute items. We purchased our allowance of two bottles of wine to take on board from the duty-free shop.

You will have a wonderful time on you first WS cruise.

Enjoy!

:)

They used to send out a very nice package with luggage tags, tickets, and information in a blue pouch.

Now, you get nothing, which is a shame.

We had to show our passports and printed out boarding documents to get into the Barbados cruise terminal.

We arrived around 3:30 and the Windstar reps had already left their stand, and there was no bus. We hauled our bags to the ship ourselves, which was a long, hot walk. We were all starving when we arrived, but there was no food left.

It’s a small terminal, you will have no problem.

We have asked for paper docs to be mailed in the past, and they have sent them in the pouch with boarding tags. Ask your travel agent. They should be able to get them for you.

I sailed Windstar in May and am sailing again next week on Windstar. In both cases, documents were sent via email, with no luggage tags. Luggage tags are provided at embarkation. All you need is the PDF booking attachment sent with their email and our passport. Easy Peasy!

Yep, inconsistent at best and not very welcoming in truth.

Other than an email from our TA (who said WS will send us Final Documents) with attached a copy of our final WS payment, we've received nothing.

We'll find our way as we are experienced travelers and cruisers but this is not a good start for us or for First Time Cruisers.

We received paper boarding passes, leather luggage tags and a zippered pouch last March. It sure seems inconsistent!

I’ve never received a leather luggage tag in all the years I’ve cruised Windstar.

Cruised them in Dec. 2016 and again in June 2017. Got the pouches, etc. for December, but nothing in June. Maybe they were sending them until they ran out?

It was nice to get the package from AMA this week, with all these materials for our cruise with them. Seems a silly way to cut costs by doing away with them.

I received pouches and leather tags when I used a national TA. Have not since I started booking myself which made me think maybe that's part of the TA perks and contracts. So the leather luggage tags we never used and have a drawer full. They aren't really tough enough to withstand airline handling. Might be okay on a handbag or carry on. The pouches are the best thing they ever gave. Sturdy canvas. Use one to keep coupons in my car glove box and one when we travel to keep all of my documents inside my travel bag. Last cruise another passenger wanted to buy it from me. Lol. Not for sale!

Why would you need another luggage tag? Wouldn’t you already have one for traveling by air?

There is no ship boarding pass needed. It’s a very small operation - usually an umbrella table with a few nice staff members to say hello. Walk down to ship, run carryons through X-ray, shake the captain’s hand and board. With so few people, it’s very informal.

We did like the pouch for other things, but once we had several that was enough. I️ do feel bad for those who won’t get one at all.

We don’t travel with much paper anymore. Airline Boarding passes on the phone along with reservations for private shore excursions and hotels. We also have photos of passport pages on our phones.

We download city maps at home before leaving for offline guidance.

It has really simplified traveling from when we carried paper copies of all reservations.

Edited by Pudgesmom

Windstar is not like other cruise lines. When you arrive at the dock, they will tag your bags. Don't get there too early. Boarding starts at 1 pm. Nobody can get on before that time. At 1, you will be through security and onto the ship. Welcome drink, a few forms to fill out, a photo for your sea card, show your passport which they keep, and you are done. It goes very quickly. Stop and make reservations for Candles before you leave the lounge. Drop your carry on bags in your cabin. Lunch is served in the Veranda. Nobody asks to see that email. The checkin process is easy.

Thank you. While we have not done WS before, this procedure is very similar to other boutique cruise lines. What folks need to appreciate is that boarding a couple hundred is a completely different animal than boarding many thousands.

Never been on a cruise with more than 600 persons and could only define one with "thousands" as a nightmare!

Ha. It's a different experience at a different price point. Both are fun. One's more 'vacation' while the other tends to be 'special event'. We're very much looking forward to WS. Celebrating our 30th.

• 2 weeks later...
We leave for our first WindStar cruise in a little less than 4 weeks. Does WindStar mail boarding passes and/or luggage tags, and when? I have not seen anywhere on My WindStar where to print these.

Thanks!

Kat

We received luggage tags, paperwork, etc. today in a blue zippered bag via our travel agent for our January cruise. Also received an email from Windstar with the same paperwork for us to print.

You really don't need to show up with any paperwork. The luggage tags are nothing more than Name and Cabin Number, and if you don't know your cabin number they have a roster they check you off on. If you don't know your name you're on your own!

The onboard forms just take a couple minutes, you get your picture taken, pick up your key cards and you're finished unless you want so sign up for services or dinner reservations. Really couldn't be easier.