Rental car info from Seward

kscaf1

Has anyone rented a car from Seward to be dropped off at a different location? I have tried to book online and the site would not let me. I emailed Seward Hertz and received no reply and finally I called and was told that Seward is a licensed location and cars can not be dropped off at a corporate location. I asked if there are any licensed locations in Anchorage or Fairbanks and was told no. I thought I read posts of others renting one way in the past.

I have a car rented in Anchorage for the next day but if I could rent in Seward and drop off in Anchorage or keep it all the way til Fairbanks, I would consider that option.

Any advice?

Has anyone rented a car from Seward to be dropped off at a different location? I have tried to book online and the site would not let me. I emailed Seward Hertz and received no reply and finally I called and was told that Seward is a licensed location and cars can not be dropped off at a corporate location. I asked if there are any licensed locations in Anchorage or Fairbanks and was told no. I thought I read posts of others renting one way in the past.

I have a car rented in Anchorage for the next day but if I could rent in Seward and drop off in Anchorage or keep it all the way til Fairbanks, I would consider that option.

Any advice?

Note that the Hertz office in Seward has extended Summer hours, but those hours are not bookable online. I called the hertz office directly to reserve a car in August for pickup at 7pm (with drop off the next day at the Anchorage airport).

Anyone have an idea of a large van to do the same thing? We have 8 of us.

8 people with all their luggage would need a VERY large van.

I dont know what hertz is charging for the 2 cars , but here are a couple of options to check out:

- PJs Taxi frequently does sightseeing tours to Anc. They have large pax vans. Call and ask for a price.

- ABC Motorhome in Anc has 15 pax vans to rent. I've read that they will drop off rv's in Seward for a fee. Perhaps they would do the same for the van.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your replies. I actually got ahold of Hertz Seward last night and they said they were working on their online booking and knew they were not working! They did give me quotes and I checked today and now suddenly they are working both on rental car sites and on Hertz online.

I do have a very good price on a car booked in Anchorage for the next day so we just need to decide if we want to rent a car in Seward and drive to Anchorage or skip the rental and take the train. We will be doing Kenai Fjords during the day so we are debating if we want to relax on the train or drive the scenic route at our leisure. Thoughts?

Thank you all for your replies. I actually got ahold of Hertz Seward last night and they said they were working on their online booking and knew they were not working! They did give me quotes and I checked today and now suddenly they are working both on rental car sites and on Hertz online.

I do have a very good price on a car booked in Anchorage for the next day so we just need to decide if we want to rent a car in Seward and drive to Anchorage or skip the rental and take the train. We will be doing Kenai Fjords during the day so we are debating if we want to relax on the train or drive the scenic route at our leisure. Thoughts?

I have done both several times. Both are excellent to consider. Depends on what YOU want to see and do. Having a car opens up a whole lot more touring with options all along the Seward Highway and no need to just go to Anchorage, when you can stay in Girdwood, Whittier etc. :)