What is your favorite dish to order on an Azamara cruise?

SuzCruise

The cruise itinerary will be clearly noted on the Azamara website. It will note if the ship is docked or tendered and name of the port.

Your can find out more about ports in Asia here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Or go to the specific Trip Advisor Forum for that local. Here's the link to Ko Samui - Azamara does tender here:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g293918-i7560-Ko_Samui_Surat_Thani_Province.html

Thank you for your response and links. My cruise itinerary doesn't show whether the ship is docked or tendered. Can you please tell me where it is noted on the Azamara website?

Not true based on our recent cruise on Quest (October). I just took at a look at The Insider from the first day on board, and it only details the buffet for that night. It did note when the White Nights, Chocolate Buffet and Azamazing Evening dates. Each following Insider only noted that night's buffet feature.

Also did not have any of the other information noted above - changes, docking vs. tendering info, arrival/departure times in ports, etc. Important information specifically for that day, yes, but not for the entire cruise.

It was true on the 18 Azamara cruises we've done in the past 24 months, including three on Journey this past August and September and six on Quest December through May. Don't know why your cruise was different.

MMDownUnder - Here you go. I believe this is your cruise:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-ca/voyage/1512795600/14-night-thailand-vietnam-voyage

marinaro44 - The daily newsletter was completely different format from our previous cruises. Not to mention, previously called Pursuits, now The Insider. New ship took the name.

marinaro44 - The daily newsletter was completely different format from our previous cruises. Not to mention, previously called Pursuits, now The Insider. New ship took the name.

Thanks.

Unless this was a one-time thing, we should ask Bonnie to find out why there has been a change such that this valuable information has been removed from the first day's issue. It's clear that people here want this information to plan specialty and chef's table dinners, late nights in port, and more. If this is now how it's going to be, we should know why.

On our very recent cruise on the Journey (28 October- 14 November) the first day newsletter had a front page with the whole Cruise listed and what the buffet would be for each night.

Thanks.

Do you recall if it was in the different, new format reported by TravelBugM above, and was it called Insider? Trying to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks.

Do you recall if it was in the different, new format reported by TravelBugM above, and was it called Insider? Trying to get to the bottom of this.

Sorry, I can’t remember what the old Pursuits format was on the first day. Yes it certainly was smaller, but my recollection of the old one is that the print is smaller on the new version, so the same amount of information. The new one didn’t have a name at all - neither Pursuits nor Insider!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why my reply from the ship didn't post, but sadly, there was no listing of the buffets for each night in the first days schedule.

There also wasn't an Indian buffet on our cruise. There was an "Asian" theme that we enjoyed and we did get a few Indian dishes on the buffet on various days.

I'll also answer my own question that a pair of nice khaki shorts on a man was entirely appropriate on the patio, as well as the buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The new 'Daily News' info on our recent cruises (Quest October) wasn't too popular with passengers for the reasons detailed on previous posts, plus it was very difficult to read for most people. My guess is that this new format will evolve with feedback into something more like the old 'Pursuits', as Azamara do take notice and act upon feedback. Even with all the info on the previous 'Pursuits' we still managed to clash our bookings in Aqualina and Prime C with our favourite shows.....!! You can't please everyone all of the time I suppose.