general questions

deec

I hope you all will post while on this incredible journey so we can live vicariously through you! Getting my arms around being gone THAT long (and we like what for us are extended vacations) is beyond my comprehension!! Just a crazy, wonderful, non-stop, far ending experience. ����

Indeed! In my imaginary life, this world cruise would be my heart's desire. In real life, even if the finances were not an issue, I am not sure I could cope with being away for that long. However, I will certainly follow the experience of others with some degree of envy.

Indeed! In my imaginary life, this world cruise would be my heart's desire. In real life, even if the finances were not an issue, I am not sure I could cope with being away for that long. However, I will certainly follow the experience of others with some degree of envy.

I know how you feel. We have been saving for and loosely planning this trip for 20 years. Picked up a World Cruise brochure on QE2 in the '90s and said "some day". Well, time marches on and you get to the point it becomes now or never. In my 40s I could not imagine retiring much less a trip like this. When Viking Oceans posted the WC we both took notice of the incredible list of included items. We both hate the "nickel/diming of the other lines doing World Cruises so we were very interested in this one. The deal was sealed when our dear dog died last May. We would never have left her for this length of time so now we have no reason not to. The house, etc will be fine and what did you stuff money away for anyway? As they say "can't take it with you". ;p

yep they will take care of us!!!

And Dee, dont worry about q-tips. I'm taking enough for everyone. Lol. I will share. We are in for 141 days, so I figure I need lots of everything. Can't wait. Yes, I will miss family, but wow, what an adventure it will be.

Donna

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I know how you feel. We have been saving for and loosely planning this trip for 20 years. Picked up a World Cruise brochure on QE2 in the '90s and said "some day". Well, time marches on and you get to the point it becomes now or never. In my 40s I could not imagine retiring much less a trip like this. When Viking Oceans posted the WC we both took notice of the incredible list of included items. We both hate the "nickel/diming of the other lines doing World Cruises so we were very interested in this one. The deal was sealed when our dear dog died last May. We would never have left her for this length of time so now we have no reason not to. The house, etc will be fine and what did you stuff money away for anyway? As they say "can't take it with you". ;p

Jim, re: World Cruise.

that is exactly our story too. Thinking, dreaming, and saving for a long time. Never ever thought it would really happen. Can't wait to meet you all. So excited.

And I'm hoping to do some sort of world cruise blog, if I can fit it in between happy hours. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Just read the news yesterday about the volcanic eruption of Mount Agung in Bali. Terrible effect right now on not only the people that live near it (and are being evacuated) but also on air travel (airport is closed; no flights in or out). No effect on ship travel as far as I know but would hope by the time the Sun arrives, Mt Agung will have spewed its last (for a while). Fingers crossed, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just cannot even imagine taking a world cruise.....let alone prepping for it. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

And I am also pretty sure that I would be craving a green salad during all that time as well!

Oh, I can imagine taking world cruise...but prepping would kill me...lol

What if everyone will be craving a green salad :eek:

Jokes aside I'm waiting for their posts. It will be very interesting to hear how it's going, about places they see. Who knows... ;)

I can't wait to hear. I met deec on Barcelona the Baltics and Beyond and she and Patrick are great. They were stars on the Jane Macdonald video (Maybe I have her name wrong). They filmed it on our ship. Dee was explaining laundry and Pat was being fun. Can't wait to hear all of the adventures!!

And we met because of these great boards!!! If anyone is wondering which cruise to do next Barcelona the Baltics and Beyond was a fantastic itinerary. Good thing we enjoyed the Ship and the crew so much because we had already booked the World Cruise! Many of the crew told us they had already signed up to be part of the WC...can't wait to see them again.

I can't wait to hear. I met deec on Barcelona the Baltics and Beyond and she and Patrick are great. They were stars on the Jane Macdonald video (Maybe I have her name wrong). They filmed it on our ship. Dee was explaining laundry and Pat was being fun. Can't wait to hear all of the adventures!!

What video are you referring to? Posted on the Viking site or elsewhere? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doing a back-to-back and wondering if I am able to book specialty restaurant reservations and excursions (included & optional) for both legs on my "eligible" day for the 1st leg? Staying in the same cabin for both legs.

I am doing a B2B in just a few weeks and I was able to book all of tours at once when booking opened for the first leg. Same for dinner reservations.