Azamara Journey December 23rd 2017 - Vietnam and Thailand - Dining Attire

chriswat

We will be on Journey on 23/12/17 cruising in Asia - our first time on Azamara. We notice that the two specialty restaurants seem very formal which is fine with us and our cruising friends, however we wonder whether the male members of our trip should be packing a jacket. We realise that Azamara is classed as a "country club casual" ship, but Aqualina and Prime C look anything but casual. The men of course will be packing collared country club shirts (maybe though short sleeves as we travel towards Bangkok and Singapore).

Previous cruisers may be able to enlighten us.

Sports jackets not required, but I always pack one or two and wear it whenever I feel. Mind you, Hong Kong and Halong Bay might be chilly. The correct way to do this is to dress the way you feel is right. If you dress like you would for a saturday night in a nice restaurant you´d be allright. If its really hot,- drop the jacket. If it´s a chilly night take whatever you feel is right.

To be honest I’ve never felt the need to wear a jacket in any restaurant on Azamara and no longer pack one. Sometimes I wear a long sleeved shirt but mostly just a short sleeved one. As always it’s down to personal choice, I’ve seen people with Jackets, with or without ties and even the odd tuxedo. The nice thing about Azamara is that you can wear whatever you’re comfortable in to Dinner ( except distressed jeans, shorts, baseball caps etc)

We will be on this cruise, DH will take a jacket - but that’s just him and how he likes to be at Christmas dinner and on New Years Eve. He travels in it - a throwback to the days when work required him to travel smart. You are on that cruise probably going to see the odd Tux, some jackets, no jackets but best of all no one caring what you are wearing so long as you don’t look like a scarecrow!