Melia Day Pass Cable Beach, Nassau

mamagina

We just got back from spending the day at the Melia! We loved it. We're on Allure of the Seas and Carnival Liberty was in port today too. We saw another ship come in while we were at the Melia, but it was gone before we got back, so not a super busy day.

There were 7 of us and we took a cab over, $40. We had purchased passes ahead of time and put down a small deposit. We got there at 8:50 and walked right up to the desk, paid our balance, got our wristbands and towel cards and out we went.

The place was deserted, there were maybe 3 people on the beach when we arrived so we got a great shady spot. We asked about snorkel masks and they were just setting those up. They told us that as day visitors we could also use the other equipment free of charge?!? "It is all for you ma'am". So we got to use paddleboards, floating mats, kayaks, life vests and snorkel masks free of charge. All the beach workers were extremely nice and friendly. The kids enjoyed seeing the fish out by the rocks.

We had hoped to hold out and eat once we were back on the ship, but we were hungry so we ate at the outside restaurant. Burger $14, pizza $12, chicken nuggets $7.

Spent some time at the pools in the afternoon. Cool and refreshing, we were literally the only ones in all

of the pools except the pool bar one. We had kids and kept them in the other deserted pools so they didn't bother anyone.

Overall wonderful day and I would highly recommend it !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1. Yes, $40 for the whole group one way. He met us at the hotel to pick us up and it was $40 to go back to the port as well.

2. We used bookatourcaribbean.com. The hotel confirmed this was a legit site for booking.

3. I did not see the daiquiri shack but I wasn't looking. It was a fairly busy area with roundabouts to get into each hotel along the strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to add a note regarding the day pass at Melia - we did it on Thanksgiving and had a fantastic experience! I did not purchase in advance and was worried with 14000+ passengers in port that day that it would be crazy crowded everywhere. As soon as we got out of the straw market, all was good. We walked to the main road, got right on a #10 bus ( a little weird because they call it a public bus but seems they are privately owned). $1.25 per person and we were at Melia about 20 mins later, about 10:30am. Bought our day passes for $45 each and they let my 13 yr old in for half price. Everyone was so nice and it was very clean and pretty. We walked out to the beach, plenty of chairs available. We got snorkel gear and jumped in to the beautiful water. Couldnt find any fish though but we had snorkeled for hours the day before so we were ok with that. Went back to the shore and took out paddle boards next, my teens had a blast on them. Next we tried kayaks, so much fun! They had music playing on the beach, volleyball and ping pong going on. I walked over to the grill to get us a snack. Got an order of chicken nuggets for $6.50. There must have been 20 nuggets and a pile of french fries included. The 3 of us shared and it was great quality. We also swam in the family pool for a bit, it was definitely heated and clean. We met a really nice family that were staying at the resort and they told us they loved it there. At 3:15 we walked out front and a #10 bus was just pulling up and picked us up, took us back to the port. Really great day and highly recommend!!

Just want to add a note regarding the day pass at Melia - we did it on Thanksgiving and had a fantastic experience! I did not purchase in advance and was worried with 14000+ passengers in port that day that it would be crazy crowded everywhere. As soon as we got out of the straw market, all was good. We walked to the main road, got right on a #10 bus ( a little weird because they call it a public bus but seems they are privately owned). $1.25 per person and we were at Melia about 20 mins later, about 10:30am. Bought our day passes for $45 each and they let my 13 yr old in for half price. Everyone was so nice and it was very clean and pretty. We walked out to the beach, plenty of chairs available. We got snorkel gear and jumped in to the beautiful water. Couldnt find any fish though but we had snorkeled for hours the day before so we were ok with that. Went back to the shore and took out paddle boards next, my teens had a blast on them. Next we tried kayaks, so much fun! They had music playing on the beach, volleyball and ping pong going on. I walked over to the grill to get us a snack. Got an order of chicken nuggets for $6.50. There must have been 20 nuggets and a pile of french fries included. The 3 of us shared and it was great quality. We also swam in the family pool for a bit, it was definitely heated and clean. We met a really nice family that were staying at the resort and they told us they loved it there. At 3:15 we walked out front and a #10 bus was just pulling up and picked us up, took us back to the port. Really great day and highly recommend!!

princess_mom, thanks for coming back to the thread and reporting your experience. Did you purchase any drinks? If so, do you remember what the cost was?

princess_mom, thanks for coming back to the thread and reporting your experience. Did you purchase any drinks? If so, do you remember what the cost was?

Only bottles of water LOL but those were inexpensive, I think less than $10 for 3 waters at the bar. Plenty of people were sitting around enjoying cocktails though, it was a very nice atmosphere. And they gave us the free starbucks coupons when we bought the passes. I'm not a huge starbucks fan but the free frozen frappucino on the bus ride back to port was delicious!