Fantastic Customer Service from PVP

Working 2 Cruise

Bob, it would be great to cruise with you and Holli!

We are very much looking forward to our family cruise. My son is joining us and it should be very special.

I know that the Royal isn't your favorite ship... But I think she will be a great fit for us!

Nina;

Have a great cruise. I know I've trashed the Royal class ships in the past, but I cannot say I'd never sail on the class again if the itinerary and price were right. Looking forward to hopefully cruising with you soon.....:):):)

Bob

I have been booking directly with Princess for several years now and have had much better response than from a TA. On several occasions they have gone out of their way to assist me with a situation. My only caution is stay away from calling on the weekends as they don't seem to know as much and can't get answers until the work week when the complete staff is working.

I generally don't book my cruises directly with Princess but I really had no choice this time.

I just had a phone call from our PVP, saying "I noticed that your cruise is ten days away, do you have any questions or concerns?"

That's great customer service!

HI Nina.

I'm on your cruise too and got a phone call a few days ago. She also followed up with an e mail giving extra information and a number to call if your trip is interrupted and you are going to be late - won't help me if my plane is two or three hours late, I'll literally miss the boat - but it was a nice thought.

I know from two previous cruises over the years that if a passenger has EZ Air that Princess if possible will hold the ship even for a few passengers. Most recent for me was a 5PM Fort Lauderdale leaving time turned into around 8PM to allow approximately 15 passengers to get onboard. I know the ship would not have waited for these people if they had flown in on their own.

Pooh

This is exactly what Princess is striving for. We have been blessed with our PVP over the last 4 years and 15 voyages. She is always checking our fare against any changes and advises us when it is a good deal or not. Our phone calls are always returned quickly if she is on another customer call. There are things that a PVP can do that a TA can't which, to us, is more important than getting a few extra bucks a TA throws in from their commission.

We've never booked using a TA...it's always been direct with Princess. This upcoming cruise we have 6 couples...4 went direct to Princess and 2 with a TA. Princess decided to give us a free upgrade from preferred balcony to mini-suite. The 4 of us that went via direct to Princess all moved to mini-suites beside each other (as we had 4 balconies beside each other). The other 2 with TAs were beside us in the balconies, but had to wait for their TA to call Princess to make their moves. It was a weekend, so it took some time. By the time they moved, someone else had booked the room between the 4 of us and the 2 of them. It seemed to be a hassle for the TA booked rooms...no hassle at all for us!

We've never booked using a TA...it's always been direct with Princess. This upcoming cruise we have 6 couples...4 went direct to Princess and 2 with a TA. Princess decided to give us a free upgrade from preferred balcony to mini-suite. The 4 of us that went via direct to Princess all moved to mini-suites beside each other (as we had 4 balconies beside each other). The other 2 with TAs were beside us in the balconies, but had to wait for their TA to call Princess to make their moves. It was a weekend, so it took some time. By the time they moved, someone else had booked the room between the 4 of us and the 2 of them. It seemed to be a hassle for the TA booked rooms...no hassle at all for us!

Exactly. Great experience. We have also had the fortune to work an upgrade when it was available.

HI Nina.

I'm on your cruise too and got a phone call a few days ago. She also followed up with an e mail giving extra information and a number to call if your trip is interrupted and you are going to be late - won't help me if my plane is two or three hours late, I'll literally miss the boat - but it was a nice thought.

Hello! I have the same problem as you, we are arriving at 11:04 a.m. in Fort Lauderdale! I think you signed up for the meet and greet, right?

It won't be long now! In response to others, we are flying in via EZ Air and we have the Princess insurance, so we feel relatively safe.

voljeep;54602968]do you get to pick your own PVP and keep them for future cruises, or are they just assigned when you call? Is there ANY disadvantage to using one?

I have dealt directly with Princess and have had wonderful service from some of the reps. My fav was a woman who was promoted to middle management with Cunard. I then had a bad one who had little to no knowledge of the product and was never available....I "fired" him and asked for a knowledgeable agent...I later learned that he was no longer with the company. The rep they gave me is terrific. She is available almost all of the time, and if she is busy, she calls me right back. I may not get the extra $50.00 or so, but I seem to get better service. Now, I was a former TA as well as a rep for the old Eastern airlines....Now that dates me doesn't it.....so I want someone who knows at least as much as I do...and doesn't give me a line of bull. Would be happy to give anyone her name. When I have found a price that may look cheaper...she reminded me that I had a refundable deposit, and that I would loose out on it, and the new deposit was a bit more and non refundable. She seems to get ahold of me if there is an upsell. Last time on a 16 day cruise, I went from balcony to full suite....not bad...and it was on a weekend, where most TA's don't work or check their email...

I generally don't book my cruises directly with Princess but I really had no choice this time.

I just had a phone call from our PVP, saying "I noticed that your cruise is ten days away, do you have any questions or concerns?"

That's great customer service!

Now, if s/he could/would only share the commission with you.... (as would any excellent TA).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly what Princess is striving for. We have been blessed with our PVP over the last 4 years and 15 voyages. She is always checking our fare against any changes and advises us when it is a good deal or not. Our phone calls are always returned quickly if she is on another customer call. There are things that a PVP can do that a TA can't which, to us, is more important than getting a few extra bucks a TA throws in from their commission.

Curious to know what a PVP can do that a TA cannot. Or what can they do that someone who booked direct with Princess online and didn't use a PVP? Hate to give up hundreds (depending on cruise length) in savings unless there is a good reason. Hope to learn something.

Time for a new TA who provides their cell phone number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums