2 PM flight to Maui after disembarking...what to do

Blue Eyes

Received flight change :(:( today flying out to Maui at 2 PM from Honolulu. Any suggestions as to what to do rather than sitting in airport? Thinking we might rent a car...doing 3 days pre-cruise in Honolulu...

There are a number of flights leaving for Maui from Honolulu every day. As you may know it isn't just a once or twice a day thing - so the flights aren't always that hard to come by and it definitely would be worth a shot to try for an earlier flight. If not, your time there is really too short to rent a car. Others more well-acquainted with Honolulu can offer what to do with the time if you have to stay for the 2 p.m. flight.

We have a 3 PM flight from Honolulu and are planning to walk over to Iolani Palace and take a tour. From what I read, it is a 15 minute walk and the tours last an hour. This is just one possibility.

• 3 weeks later...
We have a 3 PM flight from Honolulu and are planning to walk over to Iolani Palace and take a tour. From what I read, it is a 15 minute walk and the tours last an hour. This is just one possibility.

This is a great plan. You can make reservations ahead of time and I would suggest this. You can book a guided tour or audio tour. Sometimes tours are booked up and that would be disappointing. If you give yourselves a leisurely 30 minutes to get from the ship to the start of your tour you should be good. I think the Iolani Palace should not be missed on a visit to Honolulu. Enjoy your cruise and visit, Cherie

If you do this, what are you planning to do with your luggage? We have the same problem. Thanks.