What are your favorite public spaces on board a Viking Ocean Ship

2onboardagain

As a Viking Ocean Newbie, sailing in September 2018, I am hoping that those of you who have already sailed have "discovered" some public spaces on board that you really enjoyed and would return to on subsequent voyages. I am hoping that you would be willing to share those discoveries with us.

My favorites are:

Nordic Spa: I didn’t expect to enjoy the spa so much. The snow grotto and thermal pool are so much fun. Make sure you wear a pair of sandals when going into the snow grotto.

Main pool: Blessed with wonderful weather during our sailing, the retractable roof was not closed during most day time making it very nice to relax by the pool.

Explorer Lounge: It’s a perfect place to hang out after dinner. I love the elegant and cozy ambience. If you go there in late afternoon, you can get the delicious Success Cake and Norwegian waffles from the Mamsen’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Explorer Lounge! Don't miss the spa and snow grotto. We went everyday and loved it!

2nd floor of the Explorers Lounge. It’s serene and peaceful.in fact, the first time I ventured up there, 2people were fast asleep laying on th couches! Others were reading and chatting.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning breakfasts at Mamsen's for coffee, amazing waffles and fruit. Nice and quiet before the hustle of leaving the ship for early tours. Much more peace and quiet than a hectic breakfast in World Café.

Lunches outdoors at Aquavit Terrace and after dinner drink in Explorer Lounge.

Morning breakfasts at Mamsen's for coffee, amazing waffles and fruit. Nice and quiet before the hustle of leaving the ship for early tours. Much more peace and quiet than a hectic breakfast in World Café.

Lunches outdoors at Aquavit Terrace and after dinner drink in Explorer Lounge.[/quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow in your footsteps once I get on my first Viking cruise in March.

Just a stroll down the deck from our PS1 Suite on Deck 8.

VO Med Cruises 2015/16 Star/Sea

Always open, comfortable, private and overlooking the main pool. Easy walk down the stairs to the pool grill/bar to return with lunch. This spot was enjoyed on sea days or after a busy day of excursions.

viking15.jpg.d006519f1d37dc320ff92a8d2892c80a.jpg

Edited by bcorre2
format

Just a stroll down the deck from our PS1 Suite on Deck 8.

VO Med Cruises 2015/16 Star/Sea

Always open, comfortable, private and overlooking the main pool. Easy walk down the stairs to the pool grill/bar to return with lunch. This spot was enjoyed on sea days or after a busy day of excursions.

Two happy cruisers enjoying their "private" spot on Viking. Thanks for sharing.:)

SHHHHHHH! is it always great and so quiet the first few days before everyone discovers these perfect spots. However, as more and more of us become past cruisers the secrets will be out....we had the Explorer's Lounge almost to ourselves the first few nights and mornings (thanks to CC alerting me to how wonderful it was).

• 3 months later...
SHHHHHHH! is it always great and so quiet the first few days before everyone discovers these perfect spots. However, as more and more of us become past cruisers the secrets will be out....we had the Explorer's Lounge almost to ourselves the first few nights and mornings (thanks to CC alerting me to how wonderful it was).
Yes, the Explorers Lounge was ours the first couple of nights until word spread. Still a great spot for cocktails before and after dinner.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app