Star in Maui

pthjudy

We will be on the Star this winter and are planning our tours. Since we spent a week in Maui years ago, we would like to “hang loose” and walk around Lahaina. I believe that is a tender port. My question concerns the actual distance from where the tender lets us off to where the shops etc begins. I believe it’s fairly close but if not are there cabs? Thanks.

Was just there in Maui off the Star in October. The tender pulls in less than 100 feet from the first shop and all the rest of the shops are within about a city block from there. Very walkable even for me with my arthritic knees.

Was just there in Maui off the Star in October. The tender pulls in less than 100 feet from the first shop and all the rest of the shops are within about a city block from there. Very walkable even for me with my arthritic knees.

Thank you so much.

We will be on the Star this winter and are planning our tours. Since we spent a week in Maui years ago, we would like to “hang loose” and walk around Lahaina. I believe that is a tender port. My question concerns the actual distance from where the tender lets us off to where the shops etc begins. I believe it’s fairly close but if not are there cabs? Thanks.

Many shops nearby the tender stop. Nice Art Store down the street to the left where we picked up a couple nice Hawaii scene shots! We’ll be there next month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walk off the tender boat, and your in the heart of Lahaina.

Best place to wait for the tender to return to the ship....the Pioneer Inn Happy Hour! Don’t get too happy and miss the tender...

AE_Collector

Our favorite spot, be there next month on the Star [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as we love Lahaina, it can get really crowded -- and really hot -- during the afternoon of a cruise-ship day.

If you rent a car and head 20 minutes north to Kapalua, you can lose both the crowds and the heat (to some extent). And the drive beyond there is magnificent.

Jim

If you’re interested in Lahaina historical sites here’s a link to a walking tour map with information & that website has additional information about Lahaina

http://lahainatown.com/lahaina-historic-walking-tour.php

Going during the winter the temperatures will be more moderate at about 80°...just about perfect.