Getaway- Western Carib Just came back, can try to help to answer any questions

Cindyscruising

Also wondering about the shore excursions. The ones through the cruise line seem very pricey. Did you book through the cruise line or were you able to purchase them for cheaper when you came off the ship?

I posted a detailed review of the Ship and the excursions we did. In the past we have done many independent excursions but this time all were through NCL. Here is the link

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2564845

Does anyone here know if the Burn the Floor cast still does a small show in the Tropicana room? If so, which night?

We were on Getaway several years ago and would love to see it again! I believe it was a 50's style show.

Thanks for any information!

We sailed on the Getaway over Halloween, Western Itinerary. Burn the Floor dancers performed in the Tropicana room once or twice. The night we saw them was midway through the week, day 4 I think. It was about a 20 minute performance. Time was listed on the daily.

Hello, You said you leave on deck 7. Is there a certain place. I have an earlier flight so want to be early in line and just wondered exactly where they start the line up.

Thanks for the info!

Have you tried walking off with your luggage? We did it for the first time last year and will do it again this year. We were off the ship and thru customs in no time.

My experience with FLL, as a cruise passenger trying to fly out on either a Saturday or Sunday, is poor hell! Crazy lines all the time! No place to sit! Cindyscruising—I have even tried talking my hubby into an extra day in Ft Lauderdale, just to avoid that chaos, but, alas, my hubby won’t let me pay for an additional night in a hotel to avoid the stress! [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cruise was fantastic. I was disappointed with the O'Sheehan menu, there wasn't a very large selection plus the service was slow. The pool activities were a lot of fun to watch along with the pool bands. I don't go to the shows so I have no input there. This is a large ship but it was easy to get around it without it seeming so big. Getting on was a breeze but getting off was a mess. I had no problems with any of the food while there. They upgraded me from an inside room to a balcony through my low bid, so I had a great room. The only other issue that I had was the water on the pool deck, on the crew's defense this is a continuous battle. I have bad knees so I had to be extra careful walking to avoid a slip and a fall. I really enjoyed this ship and crew. I hope this helps you. If you need more information, ask away.

I sailed the Getaway last January, and found the menu at O’Sheehans extensive and fabulous for a complimentary venue!

If you are traveling on Southwest there is a brand new terminal that is very nice. Each seat has its own charging port and there also is a very spacious area with work stations, tables and it has tons of natural skylights/windows as well. It is after you go through security.

Another thought also..I am not sure how early you can check your bags at FLL but perhaps you can do the baggage check in and then take an uber to get some lunch. There are several restaurants fairly close to the airport.

Just flew Southwest and there if a four hour time limit as far as checking in your bags.

I sailed the Getaway last January, and found the menu at O’Sheehans extensive and fabulous for a complimentary venue!

We were on the Gem last Dec., on that ship they had many items to choose from. On the Getaway I believe it was only a 2 page menu, not much of a choice.

We were on the Gem last Dec., on that ship they had many items to choose from. On the Getaway I believe it was only a 2 page menu, not much of a choice.

Yes. Two pages. But to me, that was extensive choices for a 24 hour complimentary restaurant. The Getaway was my first NCL cruise, so comparing the complimentary choices on my previous cruises on RCCL and Carnival, which did not compare. (But in all fairness to Carnival, I've read that they've added a lot more complimentary options since I've cruised them in 2007). We were just over the moon at what we could get on the Getaway! That is why we are returning this January (48 days!) and bringing other family members!

Hello, You said you leave on deck 7. Is there a certain place. I have an earlier flight so want to be early in line and just wondered exactly where they start the line up.

Thanks for the info!

We just got off the Getaway today. We had a very early breakfast in the buffet, and were on 7 with out luggage by 7:15. We got right out, almost no line at Customs, and were on our way to MIA via Uber by 7:35.

Lines do get long if you wait but going early has its definite benefits!!!

Did you happen to go into any spa balcony rooms? I was wondering if it was better to have bed by closet or more room with the couch by the closet. I hear the area is tight

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a 2 Bedroom Haven suite, I did not see any of the spa balcony rooms sorry. Perhaps someone posted on You tube?

Yes. Two pages. But to me, that was extensive choices for a 24 hour complimentary restaurant. The Getaway was my first NCL cruise, so comparing the complimentary choices on my previous cruises on RCCL and Carnival, which did not compare. (But in all fairness to Carnival, I've read that they've added a lot more complimentary options since I've cruised them in 2007). We were just over the moon at what we could get on the Getaway! That is why we are returning this January (48 days!) and bringing other family members!

Having been on the Gem with the O'Sheehan menu way more than 2 pages with different types of choices, maybe you could see my point. On the Gem we could order Mexican food, soups, Irish food, sorry I can't remember everything but there was a lot compared to the Getaway, plus it was good.

Also wondering about the shore excursions. The ones through the cruise line seem very pricey. Did you book through the cruiseline or were you able to purchase them for cheaper when you came off the ship?

I booked all of our excursions prior to travel & direct with the companies-Tripadvisor was a good starting point.

How long did it take to get curbside start to finish?

We also just got off this cruise. We left the Garden cafe at 8:30AM and I just checked that my Uber trip time was 9:12. And we had to go find our bags in about the furtherest away place they could have been. It was lots of walking and snaking but as I recall, we kept moving.

The last night of the cruise the farewell show includes some members from Burn the Floor but I don't remember seeing or hearing anything indicating they were performing at Tropicana Room

I recall something about Burn the Floor in Tropicana, I think it might have been 2nd to last night. Sorry, Burn the floor wasn't really my cup of tea so had no desire to see any more of it and didn't pay attention to when they were in Tropicana.

From what they put in our rooms, 7:45 starts the self assist.

Just curious, what did they put in your room regarding disembarkation? We received nothing regarding disembarkation and when I called guest services they seemed to indicate that I should have been watching the TV to learn what I needed to know and that I had to come to guest services to get luggage tags.

Just curious, what did they put in your room regarding disembarkation? We received nothing regarding disembarkation and when I called guest services they seemed to indicate that I should have been watching the TV to learn what I needed to know and that I had to come to guest services to get luggage tags.

I had a piece of paper in my room that was put in two nights before we got off of the ship that had all of the colors with the get off times. I had to go and get my own luggage tags by guest service.

If anyone is into ATV’ing, the Costa Maya jungle ATV through the ship was fun. I wouldn’t say it’s exactly beginner friendly but the guides are awesome and will help you out. Be warned, when we went, parts of the terrain were knee deep “puddles” of water/mud.

The Jolly Roger catamaran snorkeling in Roatan was fantastic.

If you like beach days, Mr Sanchos in Cozumel can’t be beat for $55... all inclusive food and drink, 2 swim up bars...nice place.