Princess gift card purchess and OBC

Jimorel

I got an email from the card, that says if I purchase $500 worth of Princess gift cards on my Princess Reward Card I will get a $25 OBC. Since my final payment is not due until like December 10, could I really buy gift cards to use for the final payment and get an extra $25 OBC. But, if I do that would it mess up the credits I would get since the final payment would drop below $2000 if I buy the gift cards and use them for payment? Anybody with experience using the reward card have any idea on this? I would appreciate any help. Afterall, this is my first cruise using the reward card and I am still not sure I understand it well enough.

The offer I received was buy $500 worth of gift cards and receive a $25 bonus card (not OBC) that expires on Feb. 28, 2018.

You could use all or part of your gift cards toward purchases on board or as payment to a booking.

Edit: Buy enough cards to cover your final payment and what you think you will spend on board your cruise - gratuities drinks etc. Use the 'bonus cards' first - when making final payment (because they expire) and what ever you need from the 'regular cards' (that never expire) - take the remainder (in $100 cards) on your cruise to pay your on board charges. Don't worry if you have some left over, they can be used for future cruise deposits made on board (that give you OBC), or as payment to a future booking, or for purchases on board a future cruise.

Edited by Bill B

The offer I received was buy $500 worth of gift cards and receive a $25 bonus card (not OBC) that expires on Feb. 28, 2018.

You could use all or part of your gift cards toward purchases on board or as payment to a booking.

Edit: Buy enough cards to cover your final payment and what you think you will spend on board your cruise - gratuities drinks etc. Use the 'bonus cards' first - when making final payment (because they expire) and what ever you need from the 'regular cards' (that never expire) - take the remainder (in $100 cards) on your cruise to pay your on board charges. Don't worry if you have some left over, they can be used for future cruise deposits made on board (that give you OBC), or as payment to a future booking, or for purchases on board a future cruise.

OK, THANK YOU! When you buy future cruise deposits, when do you get the OBC? Are they for the cruise you are currently on or the one you book using the future cruise deposit?

OK, THANK YOU! When you buy future cruise deposits, when do you get the OBC? Are they for the cruise you are currently on or the one you book using the future cruise deposit?

The one you book using the future cruise deposit.

This is the fine print in the offer and it sounds like it is limited to one promotional gift card per customer and that they do expire.

*Order $500 or more in Princess Cruises Gift Cards in a single transaction and receive a $25 Promotional gift card. Offer is applicable to orders placed from 11/20/2017 6:00AM PST to 11/27/2017 11:59PM PST, while supplies last. Princess Cruises® reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time. The $25 Promotional gift card is limited to one (1) per customer during this promotion and will be delivered to the recipient as a digital gift card only. Promotional gift card expires on 2/28/2018. Gift cards may be used for purchases on board Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. ("Princess") vessels or applied as payment to a Princess cruise booking. This card may not be redeemed for cash, unless required by law. Princess does not accept responsibility for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or any unauthorized use of cards. Unauthorized resale prohibited. Complete terms and conditions are available at princess.com/giftcardterms. Acceptance and/or use of this card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may change at any time.

Because you are limited to receiving only one bonus/promo card (I missed that part), I'd just buy $500 worth and use everything - $525 - toward final payment for your cruise.

If you want to buy more than $500 that's up to you, but there's no advantage.

OK, THANK YOU! When you buy future cruise deposits, when do you get the OBC? Are they for the cruise you are currently on or the one you book using the future cruise deposit?[/quote

You purchase a future cruise deposit (FCD) while on board a cruise. When you use the deposit to book a future cruise you will receive OBC according to the below schedule. FCD's are individual so if you are a couple you have to purchase a deposit in each person's name. FCD's expire in 2 years and are fully refundable if not used.

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 - 44 Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

I have not yet taken advantage of this year's offer, but in previous years you could buy one gift card for yourself and one for you wife and apply them both towards payment for your cruise.

Can anyone verify if you can still do this, or is it one per household?

Don

Just bought 3 @ $500 each yesterday, got the $25 gift card three times back as a digital card as I asked for, had to buy digital cards in US funds as we are Canadian and Princess wouldn’t ship to a Canadian address, the Princess rep said they have 1500 gift cards and it is first come first serve, so the $25 card is better than what you would get in the bank, we will use the $1500 for onboard spending

Just bought 3 @ $500 each yesterday, got the $25 gift card three times back as a digital card as I asked for...

So, you're saying despite the 'fine print' stating 'The $25 Promotional gift card is limited to one (1) per customer during this promotion...' , you got three, $25 promo gift cards? If so, I hope they don't cancel two of them.

The rep at Princess told me to buy as many as I want, just don’t buy one for $1500 because you would get only one gift card, they all come back inthe email with different account numbers and PIN numbers. They can’t cancel any of them because I have the account numbers. If there was an issue the website wouldn’t let you buy them, don’t think Princess will go broke giving me $25, knowing they will be getting that back as well as more when we cruise