What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

After our "practice" bidding on the cancelled cruise, we rebooked on the 12/2 gem cruise in an OV. We bid 215 pp and yesterday we were upgraded to a Mini Suite aft balcony. We are paying less that we did on our cancelled November 11th cruise and getting all 5 upgrades and distinctive perks. Sad we were not on a ship on our 13th anniversary, but we have so much more for less.....we will get over it pretty quickly.

After our "practice" bidding on the cancelled cruise, we rebooked on the 12/2 gem cruise in an OV. We bid 215 pp and yesterday we were upgraded to a Mini Suite aft balcony. We are paying less that we did on our cancelled November 11th cruise and getting all 5 upgrades and distinctive perks. Sad we were not on a ship on our 13th anniversary, but we have so much more for less.....we will get over it pretty quickly.

RE: the 5 perks... did they come with the original OV room?

You can win up until 48 hours of departure so getting the edocs has nothing to do with it [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Erm not sure what to do now we will be already in transit to the US 48 hours before with no way to print anything new - what would we do if we got an upgrade? I don't have a smartphone or access to the internet while we are away ( on purpose no smartphone don't tell me to get one!) is it even worth me bothering or would they know when we arrived we had got an upgrade even if we did not?

Nice.....that's a recent change then.

I booked through them for a cruise in August, got the upgrade offer, so not a recent change. Seems more like there just are no certain rules.

I'm at about 80 days out for another cruise through them (CO), this time no upgrade offer. I'll call my TA, but at this point, I think they just are banking on people not being able to predict. After all, if we can predict, and have an idea of winning bids here, who stands to lose? NCL. This way, people who do get one are perhaps more apt to pounce and perhaps to bid more than minimum.

But it could all switch up again tomorrow. They may not know -what- they're doing. Which also seems likely, given some eyebrow-raising responses from Customer Service and Guest Services.

Not too be too cynical, lol.

Erm not sure what to do now we will be already in transit to the US 48 hours before with no way to print anything new - what would we do if we got an upgrade? I don't have a smartphone or access to the internet while we are away ( on purpose no smartphone don't tell me to get one!) is it even worth me bothering or would they know when we arrived we had got an upgrade even if we did not?

Am I the only one wondering how you posted this with no access to a smart phone or the internet?

In any event, your current edocs will suffice.

Am I the only one wondering how you posted this with no access to a smart phone or the internet?

In any event, your current edocs will suffice.

Sounds like their cruise is still a few weeks out and she is saying they will be traveling the 48hrs prior to the cruise.

In response to the poster you quoted, are you staying at a hotel before the cruise or going straight from the airport to the cruise terminal? Most hotels should have some way for you to get online to check or you could see if the airport has a business lounge or the like.

Edocs are pretty much worthless.

They are only needed to get past the rent a cops/security. In reality, you could print your own - LOL!.

And, when you get to the counter, they ask for them, but no matter it says, the only thing that counts is what is in the computer. Again. LOL LOL LOL

Don't worry, you will still get on the ship and to the right room, even if your docs have the old room number. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

My bid was accepted today from a balcony to H6 Aft Haven on Escape for this Saturday Nov 25th. This is my first cruise on NCL and I read so many wonderful things about the Haven. I really wanted a chance to experience it. I am excited but still a little stunned because I did get caught up in the bidding and spent more than I probably should of. My original balcony was 799 pp with gratuities and beverage pkg. My bid was 1300 pp. So probably not fantastic deal but still less expensive than purchasing it outright.

We are on 10th floor. Anyone stay in aft haven on 10th floor? I know it's far from Haven but the room & balcony look fabulous.

They are only needed to get past the rent a cops/security. In reality, you could print your own - LOL!.

And, when you get to the counter, they ask for them, but no matter it says, the only thing that counts is what is in the computer. Again. LOL LOL LOL

That was true and funny statement. IF whatever is in the computer. That's the way it is ! The checkin computer or the ship's computer. IF not in the computer. Well .... it will be uphill struggle for sure !

LOL

They are kind of worthless......However the first time we sailed out of Tampa the computer system for check in was down for most of the day. What a cluster, those with printed out edocs made it thru the maze much faster than those who didn't. Cabin cards were good to go but everything else had to be done by hand. I always print them out and carry two sets with us

Hi,

I was upgraded from Outside to Balcony on 10th floor for 150 pp. I did not receive an email but in checking my account to prepay gratuities found that I had a balcony and was soooo happy. See you all on the cruise in 2 weeks. On the Gem out of NYC on 12/12 for 10 days. Great Christmas present to myself!

Edited by 4ME2CRUZ

Here's my tale of woa.

Our bid was processing for 4-5 hours, upgrade banner gone from myncl, other bids expired.

Credit card not charged, no email.

In the middle of the afternoon, all our bids went back to pending and my upgrade banner came back.

The categories we were bidding on are now all sold out, and none of them are ours. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Here's my tale of woa.

Our bid was processing for 4-5 hours, upgrade banner gone from myncl, other bids expired.

Credit card not charged, no email.

In the middle of the afternoon, all our bids went back to pending and my upgrade banner came back.

The categories we were bidding on are now all sold out, and none of them are ours. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Hmm that's strange! Maybe there is still hope? What was inventory like before all the cabins disappeared? I'm booked on the Getaway for December 31st and between H5 and H9 there are still 24 cabins available.

Anyway please do share your bids after you hear back from NCL. They would definitely be helpful to me and others.