Voyager, Rome to Dubai October-November 2017

forevertravel

We just got back from cruise on the Voyager from Rome to Dubai. It was wonderful! From food, crew, tours, ports, everything was perfect.

Embarkation: Regent picked us up at airport and took us to Westin Excelsion in Rome. A very nice, luxurious hotel centrally located. They drove us next morning to ship. Checking in was quick.

Ship: Everything looked nice and well taken care of. We were lucky to reconnect with Captain Felice Patruno. Last time we saw him was when he left the Mariner in Cape Town. The General Manager was Anatoly Makaev. This was our first time cruising with him. He was very attentive and made sure everything ran smoothly. The cruise director was Margaret Lynn whom we enjoy a lot.

Cabin: Our cabin was very well taken care of. Everything worked and was clean and tidy.

Crew: The crew is probably one of the reasons we keep on cruising with Regent. We reconnected with many crew members we have cruised with before. They are like family and is nice to hug and find out what's going on in their lives. Albert, our favorite waiter in CR was there so we dined in his station whenever we dined in CR.

Food: The food was superb in every restaurant. The executive chef was Dino. He's a German chef and was very good. Twice he made my husband's favorite German food as he requested. The pool buffets were very good. Excellent paella! Every meal was very good and we didn't have any complaints.

Ports/Tours: We loved all the ports. We did the overnight tour of Luxor and it was fantastic. Petra took our breath away. Dubai and Abu Dhabi was something to see. All the tour guides were very good. We had a weak one in Salalah but there is not much to see there. Muscat, Oman on the other hand was very nice. We did tour that included lunch at Shangri La resort and the hotel was beautiful. The food was good too. The tour of Dubai included high tea at Burj Al Arab. This is the hotel that looks like a sail. The hotel is beautiful and the room where the tea was served was elegant and impressive. We stayed in Dubai and did the post-cruise tour of Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It was wonderful. Again, we had a very good guide.

The cruise was one of our best ones. Frankly, I don't see how some people find fault with Regent. From beginning to end it was perfect. The weather was good and sailing was very smooth.

Entertainment: We only attended the shows with the Regent entertainment group. They were very good and the shows were good. We had an excellent pianist with the 7 Seas Society party.

All in all we had a terrific time. We are now looking forward to our cruise on the Mariner for New Year's Eve.

We were on Voyager in 2016, Dubai to Barcelona. It was an incredible trip with visits to so many iconic places. Petra was my all time favorite site although an excursion in muscat to see spinner dolphins with snorkeling after was wonderful as well. But then again, Luxor and the valley of the Kings was memorable, too, not to mention the Suez Canal transit! . Can you tell this was one of my all time favorite trips?

Loved your review - especially since it was regarding the Voyager and Middle East - both favorites. After a long break (too long), we return to Voyager in March and are looking forward to it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your cruise.

Forevertravel, I agree with your assessment of this cruise; it was fantastic! Ship in great shape, well trained crew, and fantastic food; and then fantastic ports on top of that! We are still onboard and Voyager and her crew continue to impress. Today is last stop in India; looking forward to Sri Lanka and Burma on way to Singapore.

Marc

PS Wonderful passengers (on both cruises) also lead to a great experience. ;)

• 4 months later...
We just got back from cruise on the Voyager from Rome to Dubai. It was wonderful! From food, crew, tours, ports, everything was perfect.

Embarkation: Regent picked us up at airport and took us to Westin Excelsion in Rome. A very nice, luxurious hotel centrally located. They drove us next morning to ship. Checking in was quick.

Ship: Everything looked nice and well taken care of. We were lucky to reconnect with Captain Felice Patruno. Last time we saw him was when he left the Mariner in Cape Town. The General Manager was Anatoly Makaev. This was our first time cruising with him. He was very attentive and made sure everything ran smoothly. The cruise director was Margaret Lynn whom we enjoy a lot.

Cabin: Our cabin was very well taken care of. Everything worked and was clean and tidy.

Crew: The crew is probably one of the reasons we keep on cruising with Regent. We reconnected with many crew members we have cruised with before. They are like family and is nice to hug and find out what's going on in their lives. Albert, our favorite waiter in CR was there so we dined in his station whenever we dined in CR.

Food: The food was superb in every restaurant. The executive chef was Dino. He's a German chef and was very good. Twice he made my husband's favorite German food as he requested. The pool buffets were very good. Excellent paella! Every meal was very good and we didn't have any complaints.

Ports/Tours: We loved all the ports. We did the overnight tour of Luxor and it was fantastic. Petra took our breath away. Dubai and Abu Dhabi was something to see. All the tour guides were very good. We had a weak one in Salalah but there is not much to see there. Muscat, Oman on the other hand was very nice. We did tour that included lunch at Shangri La resort and the hotel was beautiful. The food was good too. The tour of Dubai included high tea at Burj Al Arab. This is the hotel that looks like a sail. The hotel is beautiful and the room where the tea was served was elegant and impressive. We stayed in Dubai and did the post-cruise tour of Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It was wonderful. Again, we had a very good guide.

The cruise was one of our best ones. Frankly, I don't see how some people find fault with Regent. From beginning to end it was perfect. The weather was good and sailing was very smooth.

Entertainment: We only attended the shows with the Regent entertainment group. They were very good and the shows were good. We had an excellent pianist with the 7 Seas Society party.

All in all we had a terrific time. We are now looking forward to our cruise on the Mariner for New Year's Eve.

Hi how was the weather when having days at sea,

Are you allowed on deck on an evening, did hear it was out of bounds when at sea ? Also do you notice or know if thdir their are facilities for people with mobility issues when visiting Petra

Thank you

Holiday Mood, the weather was good on sea days. As we cruised the gulf of Adem we had to observe pirates safity rules. Deck 5 outside was off limits, drapes were drawn at night, you were supposed to keep drapes drawn in cabin and a minimum of lights. We had a pirate drill. It was done very professionally and to be careful. Petra is not very good for people with walking disabilities. There is a very long walk (down hill) to reach the Treasury. Coming back you're walking up hill and is harder. They have carriages with horses you can rent to go to Treasury. Regent does not recommend them and they went so fast by us, I'd be afraid to be on one. That said, Petra is amazing. We did the tour of Petra and Wadi Run and it was awesome. This was probably one of our best cruises. If you're doing in May, be prepared for the heat. Our cruise was in October and it was not as hot. Have a wonderful time.

Forevertravel

We did this cruise in May, 2016. It was hot but not unbearable. I agree that Petra is not for people with mobility issues. I would also be fearful of taking the horse drawn carriages. The young men driving all looked a bit wild. Jordan was one of my favorite stops and I would love to return to see other parts of the country. Even the long ride from the port to Petra was interesting.